Sunday, July 31, 2016

QUOTES 7/31/2016

“My friends and I had a sleepover this weekend.  Kat, Maddie and Allie came over Saturday and we all had a good time.  It was too chilly to do anything outside, so we just stayed nude inside the house.” - http://nudisuzie.com/

“My son is 18 and still sees me naked.  From day one I have not hid my body.  I get naked in the laundry and walk through the house to have a shower.  As I said to him once when he questioned me . . . One day our children may have to look after us and there will be no modesty then.” – Sharon Vassallo, https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1098632346848256&id=1019711431407015&substory_index=0

“Of the handful of nudist hikes I have gone on the most important thing I found was to do them during weekdays and not on the weekends.  That was the first tip I was given about nude hiking and it's probably the best.  Even trails that are frequented heavily on the weekends are often bare (sometimes literally) on weekdays.” – Red Wolf, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=132&idt=96449&page=last

“I did not know that when I shed my clothes that I would bare so much of my soul and story! . . . I have an urgent need to process and shed all of the unresolved issues and voices from my childhood. . . I was never taught to love this body! . . . I am unlearning many things as an adult.  It is not so much that I was taught self-hate but I was taught that being vain or prideful was not acceptable.  And though it was okay to be beautiful, you were not encouraged to admit it or heaven forbid own it. . . I internalized many messages when I was younger. . . I was taught modesty in a way that further enforced that being a female should not be celebrated or flaunted. . . society told me I needed to be an object of beauty so, I struggled with my uniqueness, trying to ignore it to fit into a box that was acceptable and commercial. . . The media affected me though I may not have been so aware of it at the time.  It was challenging to be in an adversely patriarchal over sexualized world and that was very much colored by a rather prudish puritanical view.  Nudity is taboo.  The human body has become perverse by a culture of mixed messages of how imperfect our bodies are and what we should do to be deemed acceptable.  The human body has taken on a rather lurid, twisted view rather than be embraced for its natural wonder.  I was filled with turmoil and felt not okay to be me. I was very confused and still am to some degree as I am defining the truth of me now. . . I am Crystal, woman, mother, wife, goddess, beauty, and humanness embodied.  I am parting ways with conformity and finding me in the vessel that houses my soul.” - http://www.nothingbutlight.io/crystal/?platform=hootsuite

“For some time I've been open about being a nudist, its enabled me to be myself, it doesn't matter who knows I'm a nudist.  There are no worries about anyone finding out from the internet through reading this or seeing me nude in my own or other nudists photos.  I'm comfortable with people knowing I'm a nudist, I'll talk to people about why living naked is my preference. . . I'd suggest nudists be open about this way of life, it removes any fear of being outed, it also opens up more opportunities to be nude from my experience.  Once people know about and accept my nudism there are more times I can be nude socially.” – Nik Nudist, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=2925&idt=52720&vpage=1


No comments:

Post a Comment