Wednesday, June 5, 2019


QUOTES 6/5/2019

“We live in an atmosphere of shame.  We are ashamed of everything that is real about us; ashamed of ourselves . . . ashamed of our naked skins.” – George Bernard Shaw, A Brief History of Nakedness, 2013, p. 195

Procession of the Naked 2015 (II)” Video - https://vimeo.com/149422870

“Usually . . . naturist/nudist conversations focus almost exclusively on the nudity part. . . We don’t talk much about . . . the environment. . . the key things that could invite more people to try out naturism and clothes free living. . . What if, rather than obsess over the nudity aspect, we shape the invitation to naturism around, well, nature?  Many of us women yearn to spend more time in nature.  We want to feel that healing connection back to earth and all things organic.  Nature allows us to be ourselves.  We get to step away from all the frustrations of the day, the catcalls, the pressures and just be.  Fresh air, plants, water, animals.  All of these things are very healing to us.  We remember who we are. . . if naturists are trying to figure out more ways to get women involved, include nature in your approaches!  Nature-ism! . . . Instead of making it about mandatory nudity . . . rules and ideology, make it about her.  Invite women to an experience.  Speak to the healing, the space, the freedom.  Promote the trees, how it feels to breathe fresh air, the melting away of stress.  Meditation in nature.  Journaling outdoors.  Walking about in direct connection to the environment.  These are the things we need in order to heal, reconnect, balance and empower ourselves. . . Nature gives us a wonderful opportunity to reach out, invite and connect with others.  Let’s use it!  Naturally!” – Honhouniheart, https://clothesfreelife.com/2017/01/11/women-and-nature-ism/

“. . . my wife called me and asked me to go to my sister in laws house to repair her washer she would be leaving for work and her daughter for school . . . But I said I didn't have my work clothes on and didn't want to ruin what I was wearing and she told me well they won't be there just get naked.  Well you don't have to ask twice.  Got busy and forgot I was naked as usual, time passed.  The next thing I heard was a car door close and panic . . . as she [the sister] was leaving she asked how it was going.  I said slow trying hard to not get grease all over me, she just laughed and said well I'm leaving, just take your clothes off and don’t worry.” – Farmerbare, https://www.truenudists.com/group/you-know-youre-a-nudist-/1/102144/

“I am an actress who is happy in her skin suit.” - Apollonia Kotero, https://twitter.com/ApolloniaKotero

“Maybe you remember . . . Twister.  Doing that in the nude is seriously entertaining . . . you can’t keep doing this all the time, I understand, but it’s great fun to do, especially if you can invite a few naturist friends over.” – Paul, http://zjuzdme.org/blog/2016/11/30/what-to-do-when-the-cold-creeps-in/

No comments:

Post a Comment