Friday, February 17, 2017

QUOTES 2/13/2017

“Naked yoga has been one of the most beautiful and self-sustaining practices of my life. . . naked yoga, more than anything else, has assisted me in moving beyond the ‘body-image bullshit’ that has accumulated throughout my life.  This practice drops me into one-ness with my body, releasing the bully of the mind the and the judgment of the ego.  The naked yoga practice has been a constant in my life for the past three and a half years, a flowering perennial that continues to bloom, sustain and resurrect itself each year. . . As far as being naked in practice, not only has embracing my body unconditionally helped heal my own shame, but it’s made me more at ease in the world. . . I am amazed at how this practice transforms lives.” - Isis Phoenix, http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/naked-church-guest-blog/

“I actually do consider myself an exhibitionist, but in a different sense than we usually think.  I like being seen, not because I'm showing off my body (it's not the kind of body you would really want to show off), but because I want people to see a naked person from time to time.  I want people to see me and others enjoying ourselves in a natural state.  Ultimately, the more we are seen the less shocking it becomes and, therefore, the more acceptable it becomes.” – Canyonhawk, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=2925&idt=15112&vpage=1

“I am reclaiming my own sense of rightness, and getting naked.” - http://jessikneeland.com/why-im-getting-naked-on-the-internet/

“We love hiking in general, but to be able to enjoy it in a natural state is wonderful.  Living in Arizona in the fall, winter and spring we enjoy hiking nude on public lands that are either traditional nudist areas such as Tanque Falls near Tucson, Sycamore Creek canyon near Phoenix, or in areas less frequented by others.  Two of our favorite areas that fall into the latter category are Bisti and De Na Zin Wilderness areas near the four corners in NW New Mexico.  Both of these BLM managed wilderness areas provide miles of beautiful primitive (no trails) hiking.  They are so large in area that it's very easy to explore for days without seeing anyone else, especially mid-week.  Clothing is not required! . . . there is a hidden treasure of natural beauty and wonders to enjoy.  The sandstone hoodoos and tables of Bisti and the petrified forest and nodules of De Na Zin are breathtaking to view and fun to explore, especially while enjoying it in the nude.” – BareBackTwo, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=132&idt=90064&vpage=1

“Anyone can be a nudist.  That's what I realized this summer.  And I don't know what took me so long.  I enjoy being naked.  Who doesn't?  It's comfortable, relaxing, and at times, even fun.  But up through my mid-twenties, it was something enjoyed only behind closed doors.  Of course, I was aware of the nudist lifestyle, but I didn't think it had anything to do with me.  I didn't know any nudists.  I grew up in New England.  I came from a conservative family.  How could I possibly be a nudist?  The very thought seemed laughable then.  And yet it fascinated me.  I'd read a lot about nudism online, and near the end of college, I discovered that there was a nude beach in New Jersey, not far away. ‘Sometime when I'm in New Jersey,’ I told myself, ‘I may give it a try.’  Fast-forward four years.  In August 2010, I was 26 and living in Virginia (as I still do).  I was working a dull marketing job and had all but forgotten about nudism.  Then one day, I received an invite to a housewarming party in New Jersey.  And then I remembered Gunnison Beach!  It was on the way. I could really go there.  My heart started racing.  My head started spinning.  I was actually going to do this.  I woke at 4 AM that Saturday for the five-hour trip to Gunnison.  I set out in the dark, wide awake with excitement.  Just 230 miles and one speeding ticket later, I was there.  I grabbed my sunscreen and headed across the parking lot.  Whether it was years of going barefoot or just my mounting trepidation, the hot asphalt didn't hurt my feet a bit.  I stepped onto the sand, and there they were.  Hundreds of men and women of all ages, races, and body types lounging in the buff like it was the most natural thing in the world.  I shuffled through the crowd, trying not to look too long at anyone.  Finding a spot that seemed safe, I unfolded my chair and sat down.  This was it.  The moment of truth.  I quickly pulled off my T-shirt and shorts.  I was naked!  I'd been expecting it to be a miraculous, mind-blowing, earth-shattering moment.  But it was none of those things.  It just felt normal.  It felt right.  And no one even batted an eye.  After all, they were all naked too!  In minutes, my fear vanished.  I branched out from the comfort of my beach chair and walked along the shore.  I felt the sun and the air as I'd never felt it before.  Other naked people, several my age, smiled and said hello as if we were passing on the street.  I swam in the pleasantly warm ocean and discovered the pointlessness of swimsuits.  I basked in the sun and chatted with some of the more seasoned nudists.  An hour turned into four.  By afternoon, there must have been 2,000 people there.  I felt like I'd stumbled upon Eden, and I didn't want to leave.  Since my first time, I've been to a nude beach in Florida, and have planned a nude hike in West Virginia this spring.  I'm proud of myself for finding the confidence to bare all, and am happy to have found my niche where I least expected to.  Who would've thought?  I'm a nudist after all.” – Patrick, Arlington, Virginia, http://aanr.com/first-time-nudist-experience&page=85

No comments:

Post a Comment