Friday, February 17, 2017

QUOTES 2/14/2017

“How did many Christians and denominations grow prudish over nudity?  Some may ascribe it to the Puritans of England and America, and they certainly did make a push towards body shame.  But it would be wrong to lay the blame solely on Puritanism. . . perhaps the biggest advocate against public nudity was unintentionally Plato . . . [who] saw the body as somewhat vile. . . many early Christian fathers and philosophers started adopting Plato’s viewpoints, including that of the body to help form their theology.  But it wasn’t only the viewpoints of Plato that were incorporated into Christian theology but also of the mid third century Persian prophet Mani, the founder of Manichaeanism. . . Like Plato, he believed in the liberation of the spirit at death. . . he had influence on the thinking of early Christian fathers such as St. Augustine of Hippo, who may have been a priest of the religion before converting to Christianity. . . Mani’s teachings more than likely made it into the Christian faith, inspiring shame and distaste for the human body and introducing misogyny.  This could explain why some Christians are terrified that the site of a naked woman will automatically lead them into lustful thoughts.” https://naturistbeachnorthflorida.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/christianity-and-nudity/

“Nudisten - die Nacktsportler von der Isar” (Video) - https://vimeo.com/30433190

I enjoy being naked.  I really do.  And I enjoy being naked in a social setting.  I have no problem with nudism.  But no one enjoys being coerced or forced or pressured to do something.  Neither do I personally appreciate being manipulated. . . Body positivity is a huge deal to me.  I love the feeling of freedom I experience when bare-chested.  I wish everyone could feel that same joy, but the bottom line is that everyone gets to choose how to use their freedoms and no one should feel pressured.” - https://breastsarehealthy.wordpress.com/2016/06/01/naturism-and-topfreedom-how-naturist-men-can-help-and-hurt/

 “On Tuesday, July 5, (2016) I drove naked from my hotel in Albuquerque north through New Mexico and southwestern Colorado, through Salt Lake City, Utah, on I-15, and on to a hotel in Brigham City, Utah. . . . A few times I got out of the car naked and walked around it before getting back in.  A few times I . . . got out naked to pee beside the road. . . On Wednesday, July 6, I drove naked from the hotel in Brigham City, Utah north on I-15 to Montana and then west on I-90 to my home south of Cheney, WA. . . That's about 1,300 miles total over 2 days. . . Sunday, July 10, I got out naked and mowed my drain field.  I was mowing within sight of the county road for over an hour but not a single car or truck went by. . . Maybe I can get more naked time this week.” – Bob, http://freerangenaturism.com/forum/index.php?topic=823.0;topicseen

“Share the joy of naturism with your loved ones and friends.  Don't be ashamed of your naked body.  Love it.  It's a gift.” - https://twitter.com/ohionaturist/status/724610331042058240

No comments:

Post a Comment