Thursday, February 23, 2017

QUOTES 2/23/2017

“Being outdoors, near the sea, on a warm, sunny weekend afternoon is the perfect spot for most.  In fact, participants were found to be substantially happier outdoors in all natural environments than they were in urban environments.” - U.K. study, University of Sussex


“[When] My ex-wife . . . ‘came out’ to her Mom.  Her Mom not only approved - but also gave us a ‘tacit green light’ to be nude around her.  My wife and daughter unhesitantly ran with it and stayed nude at home around her.  I tip-toed around it; I was (and still am) really just much more comfortable being nude around nudists.  My MIL [Mother-in-Law] ‘caught’ me nude on a couple of occasions and it just felt awkward to me.  I felt like she was seeing me with ‘textile eyes’ . . .it was my fault.  I wasn't vocal about my feelings . . . I found out (too late) that she was wrestling with her own body-shame, and my ‘hiding’ from her made her all the more self-conscious.  One day, I found out she went nude with my wife and daughter after I left to visit a friend, and the reality of the situation struck me.  And it was too late to turn it around.  I should have been more communicative.  I didn't think about what could have worked instead of what was not working for me.  I do know that what wouldn't have worked for me was just dropping my clothes when she dropped by and while she stayed dressed.  But if I'd had a simple conversation with her I would have found out that the idea of resort nudism intrigued her.  I could have told her that I would have really liked it if she'd accompany us on a resort trip, even if she chose to remain covered.  And at the resort, where I always go nude anyway, it would have been much easier to be nude around her.  And once that step had been taken, we could have had a frank discussion about her participation.” – Nudony, http://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=101786

“It's a very liberating thing . . . People are ten times more social than they are with clothes on.  And you're only aware you're naked for the first ten seconds.  After that it's so ordinary that you stop noticing.  I do not see people naked anymore; they'd have to do something very particular to draw attention to themselves.” – Phil, https://www.vice.com/en_au/read/i-spent-a-week-training-for-a-nude-solstice-swim

“One of the primary goals of nudism is finding and accepting ourselves.  We don’t need to walk on a high wire all our lives.  That’s not a healthy way to live and we know it.  Above all be open about yourself with yourself.  It takes courage . . . [But] The rewards and a happy life are worth it.” - http://outgoingnudist.tumblr.com/post/133272348662/madeinthenude-finding-balance-many-people

No comments:

Post a Comment