Monday, February 27, 2017

Why Work Naked?

I’ve had the chance to work on the trail on my land for the last couple of days – one day naked (2/25/17) and one day clothed (2/26/17).  What’s the difference?  Why work naked?  Is it for comfort?  Yes, it was too cold one day to work naked, but I needed to constantly adjust my clothing, something that was obviously not necessary when working naked.  Working naked on the nice-weather day just felt more comfortable.  Was it to show off?  I don’t think so.  I purposely avoided being seen when working naked, confining my work to areas where I wouldn’t be noticed, and working naked certainly had nothing to do with sexuality.  Was it to be the true me?  Yes, I think that gets to the heart of the difference.  Perhaps I’ve always been a bit of a non-conformist, even though I was raised in a very conservative community.  For sure, I’ve always enjoyed being naked (I guess I have the naked gene).  Working naked is just me.  I’m grateful I now live among people who try to understand and love me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment