Thursday, June 1, 2017

QUOTES 6/1/2017

“Why does civilized man [sic] put on, at all seasons, over that natural garb which the all-provident Creator has given him, clothing? . . . Not to preserve health, certainly.  These practices minister to disease.” – Bower, Water-Cure Journal (Nov. 1850), http://www.naktiv.net/blog/835/the-naked-body-disabled-by-the-clothing-compulsion/

“More than Naked” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K7nlVd69CM

“While he agreed that people who see nudity unexpectedly might experience shock, embarrassment and even be offended, he [Dr. Ronal Langevin] indicated that there was no evidence that those people would suffer any permanent psychological harm. . . Dr. Langevin was also very specific that nudism/naturism is not exhibitionism.  The scholarly research he reviewed clearly indicated that naturists/nudists-nudism-and-the-nudist-lifestyle . . . are not motivated by sexuality.  In fact, Dr. Langevin recalled that he dealt with two genital exhibitionists who had tried nudism/naturism but did not like it.  I guess nudism really takes the thrill out of flashing people.” Felicity Jones, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/no-psychological-harm-from-exposure-to-nudity-and-seeing-naked-bodies/

“Let’s face our fears, and go where there is nothing more to hide.  This is therapy at its finest. . . I decided to do something radical.  And it accidentally solved my body image problems forever.  I decided to take a weekend of radical self-love, three days of looking after myself physically, mentally, and spiritually – just doing whatever the hell I felt was best for me, and me alone in every moment the entire weekend.  Only one attitude was my moral guide: look after myself. . . It reset weeks of anxiety, and when a sudden opportunity came to attend a nude social meetup on the Saturday night, I was in the healthiest psychological place for doing it possible.  I went – despite me looking ‘crap’ – I enjoyed myself, and in this moment I finally found my answer.  Self-nurture.  I discovered that when you’re in a place of self-nurture all you care about is ‘caring for yourself’.  It is radically selfish, and radically self-helping.  You are immune from shame, because shame is the last thing you feel like feeling!  When you want to look after yourself – first and foremost – why would you care what you look like in front of others?  It was a new logic that healthfully invaded the mind.  So the battle within me finished, and the war was ended by bringing balance to my mind. . . I finally accepted my body as the way it is in front of other people without having to give up my dream one day to look like a living, breathing, Greek sculpture.” - Glen Donnelly, http://www.naktiv.net/blog/1106/039-embrace-your-body-039-vs-039-look-good-naked-039/

“I think nudity is completely natural and shouldn’t be against the law or such a taboo, but I do understand that 99% of the population is not comfortable with public nudity and that it can pose somewhat of a danger to safety in modern society, unfortunately.” - Erica Simone, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/erica-simone-nude-interview-naked-in-nyc-pictures-nue-york-photography/

No comments:

Post a Comment