Wednesday, July 19, 2017

QUOTES 7/19/2017

“. . . you shouldn’t worry that, by attempting to pursue a naturist lifestyle, you are doing something which is shameful or which you are wrong for enjoying.  Being nude is healthy, positive and enjoyable and it is only the conventions of our society which tells you that you should not, and cannot, be nude non-sexually with other people.  You might not feel ready to tell the world outright ‘I am a naturist’ but you shouldn’t feel like you have to keep everything about your enjoyment of nudity sealed away and out of sight from the world.  At the end of the day, you are the same person you have always been, you just prefer not wearing clothes when you have the chance.  The more relaxed attitude you display about that information, the less stress you will have around the fact that this makes you different . . . It’s something you are into that other people aren’t.  That’s all.  Relax about it; your life won’t fall apart if people find out you are a naturist.” - Andy, http://getawesomegetnaked.tumblr.com/post/41718575167/advice-for-the-newbie-naturistnudist

“Taking out the garbage” (Video) - https://vimeo.com/220146063

“The truth is, the idea of running a naked 5K had never previously crossed my mind. . . While a naked race wasn’t previously on my bucket list, as soon as the opportunity presented itself for me to run one, I knew it HAD to be added to the list. . . Saturday morning we headed up to Whispering Pines Nudist Resort in Ocean Isle, NC.  As soon as we pulled into the . . . park, I noticed people everywhere in running shoes and absolutely nothing else. . . this entire park was founded by people who also refused to be ashamed or embarrassed of their bodies.  So as soon as I put my car in park and took the keys out of the ignition, I opened my door, got out of my car, and took everything off. . . These were good people, and I was in a safe place. . . One by one, people of all different ages, shapes, and sizes pulled up and . . . every single one of them stripped down to nothing but sneakers and GPS watches.  To be quite honest, I was truly shocked at the variety of people there. . . Not a single person was giving condescending looks or side glances, nor were there whispers to friends about ‘check out that guy and his cellulite’ or ‘ look at that chick’s wrinkles.’ . . Never once was I made to feel uncomfortable by someone else’s actions or words.  In fact, after a few minutes, the whole ‘naked’ thing felt completely natural. . . The warm summer air on my bare skin felt freaking fantastic. . . I could get used to this feeling of freedom. . . It took all of 2 minutes to forget I was running naked. . . The discomfort of my heavy breathing was enough to distract me from the discomfort of my chest and its lack of sports bra, or even the thought of what my saggy stomach must look like in motion. . . There were (naked) spectators cheering us on all along the race.  One of the resort residents had a hose set to a fine mist and would offer to cool us down when we ran by.  Another couple had a table set up with cups of water.  They were all so friendly and encouraging. . . At the finish line we all stood around and cheered in every last runner . . . When everyone was finished, awards were handed out.  I won a very cute little medal for my AG finish.  But truth be told, I won so much more than that.  I won something that is so much greater than any material object . . . I won freedom from ridiculous self-imposed body shame.  I won the feeling of fresh air and warmth . . . on my bare skin, just as nature intended.  And I won an experience that proved to me once again that we are so very much more than physical appearances. . . I will not subject myself to shame for my choices.  It’s a naked body.  We all have them. . . However, if you are one of the ‘I would love to do something like this, but…’ crowd, go ahead and drop the ‘but’.  Instead say ‘I would love to do something like this!’ and DO IT!  I promise it is an experience you will NOT regret.” – Heather, http://relentlessforwardcommotion.com/2015/09/body-shame-self-acceptance-and-racing-a-naked-5k/

No comments:

Post a Comment