Thursday, September 7, 2017

QUOTES 9/7/2017

“I have never felt any shame in baring my naked body in front of others.  I tend to attribute this to my background in musical theatre and dance.  When you’re in a show, and you have to make a costume change in under a minute, you generally do not hesitate to strip the second you get off stage, regardless of who is around you.  Specifically, at my high school, there were essentially no boundaries, even when your costume change did not have to occur at an absurdly fast speed.  Dressing room doors were generally left open, and guys would stroll into the girls dressing room whenever the spirit moved them (or when they needed help putting on makeup), and vice versa.  In that environment, you get pretty used to people of all genders seeing your naked body, and, let me tell you, it is pretty remarkable how freeing that is.” – Katelyn Reimer, http://flathatnews.com/2016/10/03/behind-closed-doors-being-naked-and-feeling-free/

“Walking at Le Haut Chandelalar” (Video) - https://vimeo.com/179184247

“When I was a little girl, my parents and I went to the park on a hot summer day.  All the little boys weren’t wearing shirts, so I figured that would be a good idea for me too.  So, I asked my parents if I could take my shirt off too.  They, of course, were quick to respond with ‘no, girls can’t do that.’  Why?  I was maybe five or six years old, so the changes that puberty would bring had definitely not started yet.  So, why is it that little girls are being sexualized?  Why is it that all women are being sexualized?  The issue of women being treated as sexual objects has gone on so long, that the main purpose of a woman’s breast, to feed her baby, gets pushed aside.  Then, when a woman attempts to use her breast for that purpose, especially in public, she becomes ‘gross,’ ‘indecent,’ and is asked to move somewhere else. . . Although it’s impossible to expect quick change on an issue that has been slowly developing throughout most, if not all of history, campaigns like Free the Nipple are incredibly important. . . of course, the next step is to look at our own lives and behaviors, and make sure that we aren’t allowing the stereotypical treatment of women to continue.” - Alexa Lawlor, http://www.carillonregina.com/topless-day/

“I decided that I needed to drive home in the buff.  I took my shirt off as I got to the truck, opened the door then stripped down . . . It felt great to be finally nude again! . . . the feeling of being nude on the way home was phenomenal.” – Matt, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=8077&idt=107750&page=last

“Churchill often dictated letters in a state of undress and Enid Blyton enjoyed tennis unfettered by clothing.” – Phillip Carr-Gomm, http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zsx2qty?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=BBC_iWonder&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=knowledge_and_learning

No comments:

Post a Comment