Tuesday, October 24, 2017

QUOTES 10/24/2017

“I declared myself a nudist (and then a naturist) almost a decade ago but the nudist and naturists labels don’t seem to fit me as well as they did then.  I was an advocate for nudist lifestyle at one time but my advocacy has waned a bit although I still strongly support the tenets of naturism and the decriminalization of simple nudity.  I still enjoying being nude (alone or with others) as often as I can but nudity is no longer central to my life (if it ever really was).  I’m comfortable in my skin and I see nudity as my natural state and default state of dress.  I’m generally more comfortable when I am nude and I certainly feel freer and more liberated.” – Rick, https://clothesfreelife.com/2016/10/05/achieving-diversity-within-the-naturist-movement-sage-aquarius/#comments

“Karl Hoeffkes - Freikörperkultur Jugendbewegung 1930er Jahre” (Old German nudist video- short) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRqS6hfvG5c

“No matter what your body looks like, no matter what size you are, how much yoga experience you have, how much money.  None of that matters when you’re in a room full of naked people, and we are all vulnerable together, and we’re all on this even playing-field . . . And it's beautiful.  We’re all just people.  It’s all this beautiful experience if you allow it to be.” – Aaron King (speaking about nude yoga), http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/13/1-naked-yoga-participants-cite-feeling-empowered-shedding-body-image-shame.html

“Find your naturist tribe; be nude, belong.” – Naturist Humanist, https://naturistsjournal.wordpress.com/2016/06/05/draft-of-my-ten-commandments-for-naturism/

“Naturists are afraid to come out to their friends and families and feel a need to hide behind pseudonyms and separate profiles for their naturist identity.  They fear employers or job recruiters firing or not hiring them because of it.  They are treated unjustly by police and the law. . . Naturists are denied the right to go nude in public and even on their own property if visible to others, because someone might get offended or upset.  They are labeled perverts, swingers, and exhibitionists as well as harmful to children.  If you are a naturist, you have probably spent much time and energy trying to dispel the misconceptions and puritan attitudes towards nudity . . . rationality and argument/influence might not be enough anymore.  If we’re finally going to get equal rights like everyone else, we need radical action! . . . I encourage you to push the envelope.  To defy cultural norms.  To ignore what society tells you to look like and just be as you are.  To get radical. . . To walk your visible or invisible dog while topless.  To talk to as many others as possible about naturism.  Hell, just use the nude beach and visit nudist clubs, resorts and campgrounds to support them. . . Let’s go nude everywhere we can and exercise the rights we do have as naturists!” – Felicity Jones, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/nudism-feminism-2-closets/

No comments:

Post a Comment