Friday, December 16, 2016

QUOTES 12/16/2016

“. . . the other day brought a very important first for me when my fiancee and I went . . . for a few hours of hiking.  She has more-or-less accepted that I prefer hiking with only my shoes . . . About 1/2 mile into this hike as she walked point, I simply jumped out of my shorts and rolled them up.  She said she was ‘honored’ that I would go naked with her on a hike.  I said that it was my honor to have her with me while I did this very enjoyable and personal activity.  It seems like she eventually might try it, but now with my favorite person right there with me I no longer fear about keeping my closest personal interests intact for life! . . . Perhaps most importantly, my fiancee bore first-hand witness to the elegant sensuality of the experience as I feel pretty much unable to be grumpy when I am naked outside. . . this has been one of the conflicts I needed to resolve in order to feel right about entering into another permanent relationship. . . I could not be happy if I were asked to promise to 'quit hiking naked' . . . This development has created a tremendous reward in full integration of my life with hers.  It has also sort of ‘purified’ my direction.  In some sense relating to naked hikes, I have felt somewhat misdirected and have done some self-interrogating . . . Now that I have shared this with the one person I would ever ‘have’ to share it with in full honesty, it feels amazingly correct for me to hike naked; physiologically, spiritually, and morally.” - Acoustixman

“The sunny weather and upper 60s drew me to . . . Symphony Lake Trail for an amazingly blessed hike. . . Cautious, and yet drawn by the warm sun, I first hiked shirtless for a while.  The breeze was light, the yellow fireball was intense, and there was hardly a cloud in the sky.  Sweat began mixing with my suntan oil and DEET.  My body and mind were ready to be naked in the sun. . . So, just a few hundred yards from the start of the trail, I began the naked leg of my hike. . . This was my first time hiking all the way to the lake.  Much boulder-hopping fun followed the second, smaller bridge on the way.  Outside the area's ruinous shelter, I rested, sunning my sweating bare flesh on the rocks and eating my lunch.  On one side of me, I could see Symphony Lake, calling my toasted body for a cold dip.  On the other, across the deep valley of more water, called Eagle Lake.  I could barely see and hear the outdoorsy, 20-something gentlemen I had passed earlier. . . I continued on to the lake. . . I realized I was not alone.  A fisherman, who must have hiked in while I'd been eating lunch . . . was sitting on the lake-side boulders some fifty yards away.  Too late to be shy now, and far enough away not to devastate.  I took off my boots, my last bit of attire, and went in . . . the cold completely equalized the hot temperature of my body.  After drying in the air on the shore, I dipped and dried again before hiking back. . . The entire way back I kept thanking God for such a glorious day.” – AKBare

“’Comment: To tell you the truth, I don't feel ‘obligated’ to do anything in the nude.  I just do so because I like it.’  What an interesting dichotomy presented in the above comment, as if the only possible positions were the ‘obligation’ to practice naturism, or just ‘liking’ to be nude.  What about being a naturist for physical or social or mental health reasons, or because it's good for the family, or because it's a better moral stance, or to protest something, or to be an example for others?  And thinking about these reasons, I suspect practicing naturism just might raise to the level of an ‘obligation?’” - Ken Freehiker

“With driving naked, the individual doing the driving seems to see more - seems to be more observant of their surroundings - more observant of laws - more observant of others.  Doesn't it make sense then to allow nude driving?  Better drivers on the road, and more appreciation of the world around us.” – Kevin

Nude driving feels wonderful, both physically and mentally.  But nude driving is much more than just feeling good.  Whenever possible, I drive nude because I feel obligated to do so.  Why?  Because I am a naturist.  Naturists believe that the body as God created it is good, not something of which to be ashamed.  Clothes are unnecessary distractions.  Naturist practice normalizes the body physically, mentally, and spiritually, so it’s very healthy.  Beside naturism is fun and relaxing.  Of course, so as not to infringe on others, I turned our car into a traveling nudist resort - installing window coverings and having cover-ups close at hand to keep people from looking and being shocked by our naturalness.  We're naturists, not exhibitionists after all.  So recently I drove nude from Little Rock to Rogers, AR, and also from Tulsa, OK, to Phoenix, AZ.  As a naturist I felt obligated to do so - just one more aspect of being true to my beliefs about living life as it ought to be lived.  But it was of course much more than an obligation.  It felt wonderful.” - Ken Freehiker


No comments:

Post a Comment