Friday, March 24, 2017

First Social Freehike

My first ‘social’ freehike was somewhat traumatic.  I’d followed the posts by a fellow naked Lee for several years.  He often talked about organizing and taking freehikes with others west of Salt Lake City.  As life changed and I got a new job in the Salt Lake City area I was able to attend; it was about time, but I was still frightened.  We arranged to meet at Saltaire, west of Salt Lake City.  Meeting Lee for the first time, he seemed like a normal guy.  No one else showed up, so it was just him and me.  He drove us to the island, an area west of the Great Salt Lake.  Several other vehicles were parked near the area, so it took a few false starts to find a private parking spot.  Then it was time.  He quickly undressed; I followed his example.  We set off and freehiked for about an hour.  The views were great, and it felt spectacular, but I’d already experienced freehiking on my own so knew it would.  The thing that was different was the social interaction.  We both opened up and talked about nearly everything as we hiked along.  We were both naturists who enjoyed hiking naked; it was so refreshing to be able to share with someone who understood.  This was the first of many freehikes we’ve shared through the years, but for me this was definitely the most memorable.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment