Tuesday, March 14, 2017

QUOTES 3/14/2017

“I hike naked 1 or 2 times a week, federal land only, Mon to Thur only - I wear a kilt that fastens with Velcro so easy on but I typically use it only for crowded areas like parking lots, tourist spots I come across and such - it is typically in the pack once I get hiking - on the trail I keep a UNC rally towel handy and I can hang it on the lower pack strap so it becomes a front loin cloth - my experience is weekday hikers are typically outdoor folks and nudity is not offensive - the fact I have covered a bit is appreciated and I always try and speak 1st as someone approaching a naked hiker might not be sure what to say - my typical comment is hi, hope you are doing well, nice day for a hike - something typical - the standard response is doing fine, yes it is a nice day, looks like you are enjoying it or something to that effect - so far in several years of naked hiking the worst response I have had is basically no response and a frown but that is extremely rare - on occasion the approaching hiker(s) will stop and chat, sometimes about the trail, or the forest we are in or something else hiking related - several times the person has asked about hiking naked and why I do it and I say because I enjoy it.  If I know there is a woman (are women) approaching or I can't tell I do try and cover - if it's just a man or men I may not - there have been times when rounding a bend all of a sudden there are other people who were walking quietly so I could not hear them approach - if it's too late I may still hold the towel down and I've had folks say thanks but not necessary and we smile and go our way.  There have also been a number of light hearted and humorous encounters.” – Ed in Hickory, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=132&idt=104282&page=last

“Sleeping naked is all about body temperature.  Without constricting clothes heating things up, your body temperature stays low, which can help you get a better, fuller night's sleep — which in turn has all sorts of health benefits (including lowering your chances of diabetes).  The disruption of your body's natural cool-down during sleep can lead to things like insomnia, weight problems and eating issues.” – Amanda Chatel, https://mic.com/articles/112782/there-s-good-news-for-people-who-just-love-being-naked#.9ODmIzvab

“Given the strong association between nudity and sex in our culture, many nudists are quick to insist that nudism is not sexual, but almost to the point of rendering themselves asexual.  Most humans are sexual beings.  It’s not as if we enter a nudist setting, and our sexuality disappears (nor is it suddenly an uncontrollable force). . . nudist settings are no more sexual than public textile settings. . . People can control their behavior whether naked or clothed.” – Felicity Jones, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/10-myths-naturism-nudism/

“. . . the swimsuit is also a new invention, prior to which people swam and used saunas in the nude.  When the swimsuit was created about a century ago, it covered most of the body but has been gradually covering less of the body with time.  If you put on your swimsuit today and went back in time a hundred years to a beach, you would probably get arrested, but go back two hundred years and people will wonder why you’re dressed at all.” – David Hopkins, http://listverse.com/2011/02/23/top-10-misconceptions-about-nudism/

“. . . while naturism is a big deal for us, nakedness by itself does not constitute a top-ten travel destination.  Our reading-sunning-swimming time is best punctuated by exploring the region, tasting the wine, exploring the villages, and adding to our list of serendipitously charming restaurants.” - https://meanderingnaturist.wordpress.com/2015/07/

No comments:

Post a Comment