Wednesday, April 12, 2017

QUOTES 4/12/2017

“Personally, clothes freedom has been one of the most powerful things to happen in my life, and I know other women who feel similarly.  My individual passion is to provide space for women to engage their nakedness in ways that are meaningful to them (including teaching naked yoga, eventually), and I understand and respect that this is not the case for every woman.  The most I want from anyone is respect and the option to choose and engage what feels authentic and organic to me, which is also what I want for others.  There is no freedom in forcing someone to be free my way, and there is no respect in my devaluing what makes someone else feel free, independent and equal.  Rather than tell someone what they ought to feel or what clothes freedom should be to them, I just want to share what it authentically is for me.  Everyone has the right to choose.  Everyone is called to be honest with themselves.” - https://clothesfreelife.com/2016/06/01/wow-what-is-freedom-to-us/

“Jainism Guru Poojan by Param Shisya of Ach shree Pushpdant Sagar ji Maharaj” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s8kt4VXGkE

“Ask some friends on a naked hike!” - Ohionaturist, https://twitter.com/ohionaturist/status/762730210928254977

“. . . a couple year ago at a Best Western hotel.  After soaking in their hot tub it was about 10:30 PM so I got out and was standing there naked toweling off when the female night clerk came into the pool area.  This one did have pool area video and a window from the manager's office.  She came over to me and politely reminded me that their pool hours end at 10 PM.  But I could come back when they’re-open at 7 AM.  She said nothing about my lack of clothing.  My guess is that most hotel management wants us to enjoy our stay, and as long as nobody else complains then whatever we are doing is fine with them.  I've gotten so used to the constant video surveillance I often just ignore it.” – Bob Knows, http://freerangenaturism.com/forum/index.php?topic=844.0;topicseen

“Modesty is an attitude of propriety and decency in dress, grooming, language, and behavior. If we are modest, we do not draw undue attention to ourselves. Instead, we seek to ‘glorify God in [our] body, and in [our] spirit’ (1 Corinthians 6:20; see also 1 Corinthians 6:19).” (LDS.ORG) . . . It is interesting to note that for many decades it was common practice for people to swim nude.  This happened in public schools, swim meets, and public pools, even in Utah.  Was this practice immodest?  I do not believe so.  It could not be, as being surround by people dressed or not dressed to the same standard does not ‘draw undue attention to ourselves,’ and thus cannot fall into the definition of modesty as declared by the church.  Swimming in the nude at the time had a practical reason and I can hardly see a largely LDS culture in Utah sacrificing modesty for practicality.  Not then and certainly not now.” – Andrew, https://gospelperspective.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/modesty-you-still-dont-get-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment