Tuesday, April 4, 2017

QUOTES 4/4/2017

“My first time hiking sans clothing, my friend and I (both male) encountered a (female) forest ranger.  We quickly covered up with our hats, and she passed without saying anything. . . Another time I saw a couple of older men walking down the trail and quickly pulled shorts on, but they had clearly seen me.  Still, they just made a joke and kept walking.  Yet another time I was hiking up a long open stretch of trail and saw a couple ahead of me, but they were far enough away I didn't worry about it.  At the top, I dressed before catching up with them, but they asked if I had put on shorts just for them.  I said yes and suggested it was too hot for clothes. I asked if my nudity bothered them, and they said it was no problem, they had done it before, and I should go ahead.  Another nude hike brought me through forest with little ability to see far ahead. . . I was surprised to suddenly come upon a couple walking the other way.  There was no time to cover up, so I just kept walking and said Hi.  They returned the greeting without stopping or saying anything about my state of undress.  I don't know what they thought, but I assume I gave them something to tell any friends who asked about their hike.” – Freehiker, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=132&idt=96666&page=3

“. . . in 1968 . . . the YMCA . . . had a particular rule: If you’re going to swim, you must swim nude. . . nude swimming classes weren’t just a YMCA thing.  In fact, they were a national thing.  The American Public Health Association mandated them from 1926 until 1962, and thousands of high schools around the country enforced the tradition. . . there wasn’t much of a taboo around stripping down.” - http://www.vocativ.com/culture/fun/fairly-recently-ymca-actually-required-swimmers-nude/

“We must keep in mind that nudism is a way of life, not a philosophy.  We have the responsibility to uphold the legitimacy of our lifestyle in order to prove to others that we CAN conform to standards of morality and decency in our society; that we are NOT disorderly; that we are NOT sexually licentious or wicked; that we are NOT evil; that although we socialize with others in the nude within the acceptable boundaries of our social gatherings, we CAN observe the proprieties of dress or behavior in other settings where nudism is not practiced; that we are NOT sexual perverts debased by a psychopathic tendency, and that we do NOT deviate from the qualities of morality or virtue.” – Marc Umile, https://www.facebook.com/groups/nuddism/permalink/1743900269220620/

“So many people dismiss nudity at home as being ‘uncomfortable’; without thinking about at least trying it.  If they did, they might find out it's actually more comfortable!” – Nudony, http://www.clothesfreeforum.com/forum/naturist-rooms/nudes-in-the-news/548370-the-joy-of-being-naked

“Religious leaders believe nudity is only for sexual activity.  ‘Your body is the temple of God, so don’t make it dirty’, they say.  But if the body is the temple of God, why we should hide it?” – cflmag, https://clothesfreelife.com/2016/08/05/clothes-free-life-in-indonesia-guest-contributor-aditya/

No comments:

Post a Comment