Sunday, April 21, 2019


QUOTES 4/20/2019

“I want to raise awareness of people whose bodies don't conform with how society expects their bodies to be, and the kind of social pressures these people experience daily.  There is so much more to a person than how she carries herself.  We need to learn to see past the exterior and see everyone as human.” – Tan Liting, http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/lifestyle/arts/our-skin-protects-us-but-also-imprisons-us

“Eventos Nudistas Guanajuato” Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc1LJZO-b4M

“August 14, 2011, I visited Hot Springs, AR - a totally unique, turn of the century town – now a National Park.  Tourist shops lined the west side of the old main street.  Six or so old bath houses lined the east side, set against beautifully wooded hills.   The largest bath house is now maintained as a museum by the Park Service.  It demonstrates an amazing array of old-style bathhouse facilities.  It was so unique I decided to ‘take the bath’.  I visited the less expensive Buckstaff.  Attendants led me to a stall to undress.  I was given a sheet wrap that I soon found unnecessary, and was led to a large porcelain tub just filled with hot water.  An old fashioned motor (it looked a lot like an outboard trolling motor) created a relaxing whirlpool effect.  After about 20 minutes the attendant scrubbed and rinsed me, and led me to a sitz bath where I soaked my bottom for about 10 minutes.  I was then led to an extremely hot steam room for about two minutes (all I could stand), and then wrapped in hot towels on a padded table for another 10 minutes.  Finally, I was led to a cool-down room where I enjoyed a nude time relaxing on a comfortable padded lounge, before returning to the stall to again dress.  The bathhouses had been very popular from the late 1880 to the early 1920s - yearly attendance was nearly 68,000 baths.  Now they are hardly used at all.  At least part of the reason is that people today are frightened of nakedness – even in a bathhouse.   Crazy!” – Kenfreehiker

“Nakedness has long been a touchy subject in contemporary culture, but history tells a different story.  Anthropologists don’t know when humans began wearing clothes, but it’s doubtful it pertained to modesty – their best guess is that clothing protected our ancestors from the elements (wind, rain, and so on) or were used as religious or cultural decorations.” - Jordan Blum, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/social-nudity-and-being-nude-in-public/

“. . . if it's reasonable to be nude, be nude.” – Mruehle, http://www.knowable.com/a/nudists-reveal-surprising-details-about-their-lifestyle-/p-4

“Every person is different and enjoys different levels of nudity.  I understand not everyone is comfortable with the same level of nudity and of socializing.  There are people that don’t want to wear clothes but don’t want to be seen, and others you don’t care about being seen but do not want to socialize with others.  That is fine!  I enjoy a nice free hike in solitude and after Thanksgiving I'd rather not have people see my bulging belly.” – Hoosier, https://www.truenudists.com/members/blogs/

No comments:

Post a Comment