Saturday, August 20, 2016

“Thousands of bicyclists are gearing up to ride around Philadelphia naked.  Organizers of the Philly Naked Bike Ride announced Monday the eighth annual event will take place throughout the city’s streets on Sept. 10 [2016].  Ride organizers say participants can go as bare as they dare. . . About 3,000 participants are expected.  This year’s event is expected to be about 10 miles long.  The starting point will be announced online the day before.” - http://abc27.com/2016/08/09/philly-naked-bike-ride-coming-back-next-month/

“I’ve been posting naked pictures of myself on the Internet for over ten years.  My mother is still proud of me and my father still loves me…I still get A’s in courses I take…If people don’t like what I do, they don’t have to look at it.  They don’t have to be here…I’ll be just fine without them.” - Katie West, http://www.theonlineclarion.com/opinions/2015/05/11/posing-nude-can-teach-you-about-body-image/#sthash.wCIkWm7w.dpbs

“Professor [Martin] Feelisch warns that avoiding sunlight or using sunblock constantly could be a new risk factor for heart disease — and more people die from heart disease than skin cancer.  ‘We believe current public health advice, which is dominated by concerns of skin cancer, needs to be carefully reassessed,’ he argues. ‘It’s time to look at the balance of risk for skin cancer and cardiovascular disease.’” – John Naish, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3570267/New-research-reveals-sun-benefits-AREN-T-linked-vitamin-D.html

“Nudism in Iran - The first nudity actions occurred by Tahirih in June and July of 1848, during the Conference of Badasht, in Iran.  Tahirih was a poet and theologian of the Baha’i faith.  As a symbolic act, she took off her traditional veil at the conference.  She was the first Iranian woman to unveil in public, after the Islamists’ invasion of Iran.  In recent years and after the 1979 Islamic revolution, some Iranian women activists have stripped in order to protest against violations of other women around the world.  Naturism is being continued by some women activists after all the various reactions they have undergone.  They are criticized by both intellectual and traditional citizens.  Golshifteh Farahani is the one-woman activist who has stripped for the second time.  Her nude photo was recently published on the cover of ‘Egoiste’ magazine.  The nude photo of the popular Iranian actress had been riled in the Iranian community and polarized many Iranians who are divided on the subject of nudity.  Her previous nude photo had been published in Le Figaro magazine in 2012.” – Kaveh Taheri, https://medium.com/@TaheriKaveh/naked-protesting-and-ready-to-challenge-you-1b04a56cf425#.jdb44pva2

“My family's always been a [very] comfortably naked family . . .I'd much prefer being naked than clothed . . . I just find clothes restricting.  When I get home I just want to be naked.” – Kate Hudson, Actress, http://www.eonline.com/news/743549/kate-hudson-describes-growing-up-in-a-comfortably-naked-family

“It was a beautiful June evening and I was lucky enough to have the sacred well to myself.  The stars shone down upon me with their ethereal light and the air was filled with magic. . . It was a wonderful opportunity to connect, to dance, to be at one with nature.  After removing my clothing, I immediately felt free and danced on a grassy bank, twirling and turning like a dervish, like an elemental spirit set free.  I danced with the fairies. . . The water evaporating off my skin cleansed and healed my subtle energy field.  The water now totally embraced me, setting me free.  It was such an amazing feeling of ecstasy and being totally embraced by Mother Nature herself.  I no longer felt cold in the breeze, but felt part of it.  As I walked further I empathized with the flowers and trees, I could feel their presence in a way that is impossible fully clothed in the daylight. . . This is what life is, the sky, the water and the earth.  A sanctuary in nature that liberated me from the ties of society. . . I slowly climbed out of the stream and thanked her for the healing. . . The breeze dried by, but left me with a coating of joy. . . The moments of bliss embraced my whole being from the beginning to the end of time, I was changed, I was renewed, I had returned home.” - Storm Khandro Moon, http://www.cloudskipper-dreaming.co.uk/2016/02/the-sacred-well.html?platform=hootsuite


No comments:

Post a Comment