Saturday, September 17, 2016

QUOTES 9/17/2016

“The meeting that I attend [at Campbelltown Heritage, Australia’s oldest nudist club] feels something like a family picnic in the park – except no one is wearing pants.” – Melanie Kembrey, http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/australias-oldest-nudist-club-bares-all-to-win-new-members-20151124-gl77uu.html

“I’ve modeled at 16 different sizes, and what I’ve learned is that a smaller size never enhanced how I felt about my body. . . I never felt great about my body until I made the intrepid decision to love myself just the way I am, to feel worthy at the size my body naturally adjusted to. . . When photographer Victoria Janashvili learned about my journey, she asked if she could shoot me — nude . . . I was enthusiastic about the project but . . . apprehensive to strip down for a published book. . . When I look at them, I’m overcome with emotion.  Not because I’m ashamed, but because I can finally accept my body exactly the way it is. . .If I can be one more inspirational photo that contributes to the body-positive zeitgeist, I’m happy to share these photos. . . I hid these beautiful photos in a folder on my computer for months, primarily because I thought there was no way I’d share nude photos of myself, and online to boot!  I finally decided to share them, though because it takes courage to share the truth.  I thought publicizing what I actually look like . . . could heal people, help people, and create a space for inclusion and acceptance for all sizes . . . And just maybe, seeing someone for exactly who they are would be the catalyst for you to accept yourself in just the way you are today, as perfect already.” – Emily Nolan, http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-21869/why-i-decided-to-share-my-nude-pictures.html

“If we are to demonstrate to people, mainstream society, that being naked is okay, then surely we have to stand up and be counted.  Now, I do understand that in certain circumstances, for instance in today’s witch-hunting atmosphere of terror, schoolteachers in particular might feel some concern of how parents [of their students] will react, but this is only really making the situation worse.  It always seems as though people are concerned about what ‘others might think.’  The only way to change this is to be open. . . Naturists and nudists and naked people all around the world, need to have a little more gumption.  Don't be afraid to post a naked photo on the internet, with your real name attached.  Show people how unashamed of your activities you really are. . . And, to forestall the inevitable hysteria, I do NOT mean that everyone MUST do this.  I'm just suggesting that if a few more people used their own images, their own stories, their own names, then we would begin to see more respect from mainstream culture. … Just think how nice it would be to be able to talk to your work colleagues, your neighbors, about your holidays … instead of being terrified they might one day find out.  Remember this: once the image is in the public domain, nobody can threaten to expose you.  Pre-empt the attempt, post first.” - Richard Foley” - From Tom Pine’s Special Report, file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/The%20Naked%20Truth%20Naturists_vol_16_Special%20Report_no_03.pdf

“At this early stage of my [nude] running career, music provides two crucial devices: it gives me a rhythm, a pace to run to (with carefully selected tracks on my playlist) and it distracts me from hearing my own breathing, prevents me from panicking that I’m going to die.” - http://nakedmanrunning.me/2015/08/10/naked-run-2-5k-naked-run/

“Self-conscious body shame and low self-esteem are like crimes against humanity.  I think slowly that tide is turning as outmoded religious dogma increasingly becomes more irrelevant in the face of scientific fact. . . we encourage our children not to be ashamed of themselves or their bodies.  There is no taboo against nudity at home or at the beach.  We also encourage our kids to be open minded, inquisitive and to question the status quo. . . [to] never settle on an understanding of the world, thinking that you have an answer to it all. . . we all should be challenging ourselves to understand our existence at deeper and deeper levels.  Simply start by truly understanding and learning about yourself.  That will enable you to better understand others.  Rather than seeing their differences you are far more likely to see their similarities.” – Shane Davis, http://www.naktiv.net/blog/910/my-nudist-story/


No comments:

Post a Comment