Wednesday, December 27, 2017

QUOTES 12/27/2017

“I kept my eyes down most of the time.  I tried never to draw attention to myself. I wore baggy grey clothes and ignored anyone trying to get my attention by, god forbid, calling my name.  I skipped school.  I never looked in the mirror.  I felt physical pain whenever I caught an accidental glimpse of myself. . . I had become the awkward young woman with the acne covered skin and bubble butt.  I turned inward.  There was nothing else I could do.  For years I lived my life so I would not have to look at myself.  I closed my eyes while having sex.  I spent as little time in the bathroom and as much time in dimly-lit rooms as possible.  I did not own a full-length mirror.  But over the course of twenty years, some of those things changed. . . [I took] a selfie. . .  I took off all of my clothes . . . and gave it a shot . . . After I heard the shutter go off . . . I was terrified.  After several minutes passed, I stood up, picked up the camera, and hit the ‘review’ button.  I was absolutely shocked at what I saw.  At first, I couldn’t believe it was me . . . I looked lovely. . . In that instant, I was hooked.  I started sending naked selfies out . . . and started taking some just for me.  The more I did, the more I loved it, and over time, I watched my body change. . . The transformation was subtle, but I could see that the more comfortable I became with my body, the better it looked to me. . . this practice had infused my life with a calm confidence I had not known before.  I felt proud of my body. . . I had gone from this intimidated, invisible young woman to a confident, free adult.  I felt like if I could learn to love my body, I could learn to do anything.  So, I did.” – Sara Young, http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015/08/please-look-at-my-naked-body-nudity/

“Spain is a haven for naturists as there is apparently.no law against public nudity.  Social acceptance and politeness, however, dictate that naturist activities are generally limited to certain areas. . . What I found in Fuerteventura is an island where the history, the geography, the climate and the social attitudes have combined to create a naturist-friendly atmosphere . . . No, you won’t find anyone walking down the streets of a village or a town nude.  But you can comfortably go about your naturist activities on any reasonable beach and probably in the hinterlands as well . . . I did a hike up a volcanic cone, naked for part of the walk.”  (Video: https://vimeo.com/139410053 ) - http://nakedmanrunning.me/2015/09/16/naked-run-6-1-fuerteventura-beach/

“When I became a home nudist, I regained my innocence again.” – Naked Thought for Today, http://nakedthoughtfortoday.tumblr.com/archive

“. . . in the 19th century, a woman showing a man her ankle was one of the most erotic and scandalous actions of the time.  Now, we see pictures of women, scantily clad in bras and underwear plastered 50 feet tall on office buildings.  Erotic zones on the body change when society changes.” – Sara Bensinger, http://www.xojane.com/fun/6-things-i-learned-while-being-naked-for-2-weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment