Friday, October 12, 2018


QUOTES 10/12/2018

“Wherever I want to turn, I have to force some barrier of custom, so carefully has it blocked all our approaches.  I was wondering in this shivery season whether the fashion of going stark naked in these lately discovered nations is forced on them by the warm temperature of the air, as we say of the Indians and Moors, or whether it is the original way of mankind.  If we had been born with natural petticoats and breeches, there can be no doubt but that Nature would have armed with a thicker skin the parts she intended to expose to the beating of the seasons, as she has done for the fingertips and the soles of the feet.  Why does this seem so hard to believe?  Between my way of dressing and that of a peasant of my region I find far more distance than there is between his way and that of a man dressed only in his skin.” – Montaigne, https://naturistphilosopher.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/unreasonable-customs-become-unreasonable-moral-rules-then-unreasonable-laws/


“Was I ready to combine a timed run, a naked run and social nudity, all in one experience?  For me, a shy naturist, it was a big leap. . . I had never visited a naturist campsite before. . . The running group totaled about 100 people, 95% male – it appeared most were not members of the Naturist Foundation hosts.  A guide walked us around the loop of the running track we would run 2 ½ times to familiarize us with the course. . . It was so strange to run in a race.  To overtake others.  Or be overtaken. . . especially as both I and the others were naked. . . I wasn’t comfortable.  I was nervous.  I was stiff.  However, as usual, after the first five minutes, my body warmed up and I became more confident. . . I had to get past the discomfort that was wrapped up in the new setting, the new circumstances, the climate – all distractions, really.  When I focused on the physical sensations of running naked, regardless of context, ignored the other runners, I could embrace and embody the physicality of the experience.  That sensation of power and utter liberation spread through me.  Twenty-four minutes later, I was very relieved it was all over.  I had overcome all of the physical and psychological obstacles I had faced that day.  Also to my surprise, despite the sensations of slowness and pain, I had run much faster than I had run in any of my non-competitive solitary runs, placing respectively high for my age category and just ahead of a regular triathlon runner.  That evening when I got home I immediately booked two holidays in warm climates at sites where I could run naked my way: barefoot and warm.  I was truly hooked.” - http://nakedmanrunning.me/2015/08/10/naked-run-2-5k-naked-run/

“Maybe you’re wondering why someone would want to do construction work without clothes on?  The truth is that I would prefer to do most anything without clothes on unless it is absolutely necessary.  Yes there are times when clothing is necessary, such as when doing dangerous work like welding, demolition work . . . etc.  Clothing also serves the purpose of keeping us warm, and can sometimes simply be fun to wear and get all dressed up to go out for an evening or something.  But the majority of the time it is simply more comfortable to not have binding, sweaty clothing on.  Plus, it drastically cuts down on laundry when all I have to do is rinse off and the days dusty work goes down the drain.  I can tell you that each time I had to put clothing on I began sweating much more.  So I was much cooler working without clothing, and definitely didn’t have the binding red marks around my waist that I most always have when wearing jeans or shorts.” – Guy Purcella, http://www.naktiv.net/blog/778/i-039-ve-worked-naked-on-a-number-of-jobs/

No comments:

Post a Comment