Monday, October 29, 2018


QUOTES 10/29/2018

“On a warm afternoon, I was laid out near what I thought was a game trail.  Turns out, it's also used by locals walking their dogs.  I had fallen asleep in the sun and was awoken by a woman and her dog as they walked the trail.  When discovered, I simply said ‘Good Afternoon’.  She nodded and asked if it was OK if she passed thru.  I said of course’ and she continued her walk.  No big deal. . . During a different trip to the same area, a man was hiking with his dog and happened on me once again sunning.  Although we never spoke, he moved off some 20 yards to give me some space, quickly stripped off his clothes, and proceeded to lay in the sun for an hour or so.  He finally left when his pup grew restless and decided it was time to go.  Once again, no big deal.” - https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=132&idt=52238&page=3


“Ironing is not my favorite thing to do . . . It really drags on when I do it inside but I like to take it out onto the back lawn and iron naked in the sun.  I seem to breeze through it and on the really hot days I have a hose ready on the lawn and hose myself down . . . It is one way I can get a nice tan and not feel guilty about my work not getting done.” – Roady, https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=6&page=1

“When I was a high school kid, I was a lifeguard and swimming instructor.  At one little West Texas town's country club, I was the only lifeguard and staff member.  It was like having my own private pool once it was closed.  Then, I would love swimming laps in the nude to stay fit.  There's no other feeling like gliding through the water nude.  It's really great for exercising, because there's no drag of a suit at all.” - Jim Shorts, https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=85262&page=1

“. . . eloquent Nature.  I merge myself in the scene, in the perfect day - they begin to make a new man of me.  Every day . . . at least two or three hours of freedom, bathing, no talk, no bonds, no dress, no books, no manners.  Shall I tell you . . . to what I attribute my already much-restored health?  That I have been almost two years . . . without drugs and medicines, and daily in the open air.  Never before did I get so close to Nature; never before did she come so close to me. . . so serene and primitive, so conventionally exceptional, natural.  It was just the place and time for my Adamic air-bath.  So hanging clothes on a rail nearby . . . I seemed to get identity with each and every thing around me . . . Nature was naked, and I was also.  Perhaps the inner never lost rapport we hold with earth, light, air, trees . . . is not to be realized through eyes and mind only, but through the whole corporeal body, which I will not have blinded or bandaged any more than the eyes.  Sweet, sane, still Nakedness in Nature! - ah if poor, sick, prurient humanity in cities might really know you once more!  Is not nakedness then indecent?  No, not inherently.  It is your thought, your sophistication, your fear, your respectability, that is indecent.  There come moods when these clothes of ours are not only too irksome to wear, but are themselves indecent.  Perhaps indeed he or she to whom the free exhilarating ecstasy of nakedness in Nature has never been eligible . . . has not really known what purity is—nor what faith or art or health really is.  (Probably the whole curriculum of first-class philosophy, beauty, heroism, form, illustrated by the old Hellenic race—the highest height and deepest depth known to civilization in those departments—came from their natural and religious idea of Nakedness.)  Many such hours, from time to time, the last two summers, I attribute my partial rehabilitation largely to them.” – Walt Whitman (1819-1892), From Tom Pine’s Special Report, file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/The%20Naked%20Truth%20Naturists_vol_16_Special%20Report_no_03.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment