Thursday, August 17, 2017

QUOTES 8/17/2017

“Body shame, like prejudice, is not natural.  It is learned from others and benefits no one.” - https://twitter.com/Nudists_Dating/status/712808984047173633

“Ils préferent le sport tout nu!” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ0uCfo3paU

“As women, how often do we really see each other au naturel and actually feel comfortable? . . . I accidentally found myself at a nudist spa retreat in the middle of the Austrian Alps last winter . . . As my friend and I headed into the spa area, we expected to see fluffy white towels, bathing suits and bodies of all shapes and sizes.  But instead, all that anybody was wearing was a birthday suit. . . Looking around the sea of naked bodies I felt immense shame.  I don't wax.  I have stretch marks on my hips from having a baby.  My left boob is a little bigger than my right boob.  When was the last time I shaved my legs?  Oh my God, that 50-year-old woman's breasts are bigger than mine.  Will my ass look like that when I'm 70? . . . I guess I'm thinner than she is. . . I decided to redirect my focus to why I felt so much shame.  Why was it my first impulse to compare my body to everyone else's? . . . Why was I obsessing over how awful I thought I looked?  Here are five liberating reasons why you shouldn't be afraid to get naked: 1. ‘Perfect’ is an illusion.  ‘Imperfection’ means there is an object of perfection, and that is just not true.  Every body is different. . . 2. Being vulnerable in front of others is a good thing. . . I've found that seeing other bodies in the nude can make us more comfortable in our own skin . . . 3. When you judge other people, you judge yourself. . . Society has taught us to judge and criticize, instead of to love and care for ourselves and others. . . When you compare yourself to other people, it's a form of self-harm. . . 4. When you become comfortable being naked, you'll feel less inclined to wear makeup and heels. . . Losing the costume helped me feel comfortable with just being myself. . . 5. Baring your bits to Mother Nature feels really good. . . somehow taking my clothes off on that mountain, made me feel more at peace with nature and with myself.” – Samantha Rose, http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-16054/5-reasons-to-get-naked-more-often.html

“The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.” - http://www.nudistescapes.com/category/benude/

“I'm a naturist, but I don't wanna confront anyone in a negative way with my nudity.  So if I'm nude at home and the front door rings and I don't know who is ringing, I cover up my nudity, before I open the door.  I tell the visitor about my nude-lifestyle and ask him/her for OK.  If its ok, I put the covering away and be nude.  So it has never been a problem.  Mostly the visitors comply with my nudity and we talk a little while about it.  To be nude is absolutely natural and my birthright.” – NudeTom, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=2925&idt=15112&vpage=1

No comments:

Post a Comment