Sunday, August 20, 2017

QUOTES 8/20/2017

“I thought about the relationship between nakedness and sexiness.  Perhaps because of my family, or perhaps because I have spent much of my adult life in and around the theatre, where people are never happier than when taking off their clothes, I have more or less separated nudity and sex.  I don’t automatically sexualize other people’s naked bodies, and I don’t feel that I’m behaving in a sexual way just by virtue of being naked.  If I suggest to my partner that we have a naked hula-hooping competition, that’s because I think it will be funny, not sexy.  If it were socially acceptable to propose naked hula-hooping competitions to all my friends, I would.” – Emer O’Toole, http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/jan/02/nudes-art-painting-manet-goya-spencer-tunick-emer-otoole-women

“WNBR LONDON 2016” (Video) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVbecDr6ayg

“Since my garden is in my back yard and fully screened off from outside view, I make no effort to keep spare clothes handy.  After all, the way I figure it, if you are in my garden you are either there with my permission or you are trespassing, and either way you have no grounds to complain at how I dress, or how I don't!” – oscarthegoldfish, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=92&idt=108077&page=2

“. . . the Bible, is not only NOT anti-nudity, but that He looks with favor on those who are willing to shed their clothing disguises. . . prophets who prophesied naked (Saul, Isaiah, Micah), a king who danced naked before the Lord in the middle of Jerusalem (David), a high priest (Aaron) who was stripped naked in front of all of the children of Israel when he was consecrated and anointed, and the list goes on and on. . . in Leviticus and Deuteronomy . . . Public nudity wasn’t shameful.  It just meant that they were going about their normal daily business of life.  We are the ones who have made nudity shameful.” – Steve, https://www.myclothesfreelife.com/2016/08/out-of-the-shadows/

“. . . one of the things my wife has found most unexpected about being naked in front of others is that it is much less intimidating than in a normal environment where she might be wearing a bikini or swimming costume.  This surprised me, but she explained that when women are around a pool or at the beach in their swim suits they tend to look each other up and down, even if it's subconsciously and are almost 'grading' each other as their natural insecurities play out - there is an expectation to 'look good', from the type of bikini to how a woman's figure looks in it. . . she said that when you take the bathing costume away, like in nudist environments, nobody is like that, which she said was incredibly liberating.  Nobody looked at her body and made any judgements, she hasn't had any glances or catty looks and everyone acted kindly and caringly to each other. . . my wife has found being naked around others much more relaxing and less stressful than, for example, being at the local swimming pool in a bathing suit’” – Charenton-waltz, http://www.naturist-corner.net/community/index.php?topic=21242.0;topicseen

No comments:

Post a Comment