Monday, August 7, 2017

QUOTES 8/7/2017

“Media had a negative effect on me.  Magazines featured false representations of how we should all look and feel about ourselves.  Nowadays, I have noticed more honest articles and images from normal everyday people and situations.  I think this is a positive move but there's still that media conditioning.  Many of today's publications and broadcasts shadow over the important matters that affect everybody.” – Lucy Moore quoting Anthony Crowley, http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/vegan/anthony-crowley-vegan-976787.html

“Naked Club's Video Streak edition 2” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvpWvlUsjNo

“Twenty odd years ago . . . we holidayed at my aunt’s farm in rural Britain . . . I set off with the idea that I would hate it terribly. I wanted to be hanging out with my friends . . . Life on a farm seemed like it would be boring. . . My cousins, twins, a few months older than me, were maybe glad of a new face, but they initially seemed less sophisticated than me, a city girl. . . I was effectively cut off from civilization for three weeks.  Around the end of the first week a couple of guys arrived by bicycle. . . The weather was glorious, the days long and warm.  The five of us convened one day with the intention of climbing the tree covered hills beyond the farm . . . After a hot morning’s climbing I was kind of surprised to see the others arrive at a stream and go face down into it, drinking the water tumbling off the mountainside. . . ‘Anyone up for a swim?’, my cousin asked no one in particular.  ‘We’ve no towels or costumes’ I said, also to no one in particular.  All three of my companions laughed and began shedding clothes rapidly. . . [I] got an eyeful of the first two naked males I’d ever encountered in my life as they leapt off a rock and into the water.  My cousin, having to wrestle with a bra, was a little bit behind them, but already bottomless and fiddling with the clasp.  She leapt into the water too.  ‘Come on, join us’ she yelled at me. . . so I turned my back to them, stripped and, with one hand covering my breasts, the other my pubic hair, joined them in the water.  Once in, it felt free.  We splashed in the water for what seemed like ages before one of the boys decided it was time to get a fire going before the sun went down . . . My cousin and I continued to swim . . . while the boys got out and then scurried back and forward, naked, gathering twigs and branches to set a fire.  In no time it seemed that a blazing fire was underway in fading light. Sausages were thrust onto thin twigs and then thrust into the fire. ‘Come on girls’, one of the boys said, ‘we aren’t cooking your dinner for you’. . . So we emerged from the water to be passed twigs to which sausages had already been skewered, and the four of us sat naked by the heat of the fire slowly revolving the twigs until the meat had cooked.  Concentrating on the task of keeping the sausages revolving, and not falling from their skewers, I had forgotten I was naked.  Dinner was eaten and we then got dressed before extinguishing the fire and making our way back down to my aunt’s farm. . . I sometimes wonder just when it was we got scared of nature.  Scared of drinking from streams.  Scared into thinking the water wasn’t clean, wasn’t chlorinated or anything else.  Scared to just grab a moment or an hour and live in nature, experiencing nature fully.  Scared to go for a walk and, if circumstances dictated, simply strip off and go for a swim. . . I remember every second of the day vividly.  And some day, when opportunity arises, I would love to repeat that mountain waterfall skinny dip . . .” – Phillipa, https://theslnaturist.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/when-did-we-get-so-scared/

No comments:

Post a Comment