Tuesday, August 29, 2017

QUOTES 8/29/2017

“Swimsuits were not invented until the 1870's and so most folks swam or bathed nude.  Even after the advent of the swimsuit, they did not catch on in the rural areas until the middle of the 20th century.  Often these swims were mixed gender.” – DDF, https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120919174851AAdYoh1#

“Minster FM - Naked Protest” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcB7XvJkXT8

“Warm weather has made me want to drive naked all I can. . . It was only recently I got the courage to drive completely nude during the day, instead of just at night.  Today I had to run an errand.  After I completed it I had the urge to take off all my clothes for the drive home.  So I did.  And I took the long way!  All windows down, sunroof open and a glorious breeze.  Driving naked is one of the most relaxing and exciting feelings there is.  If anyone reading this is curious about driving naked, don't be hesitant.  If you can't muster the courage to do it immediately during the day, work up to it like I did. . . I guarantee you will enjoy it.” – Rapidi, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=8077&idt=90164&page=last

“Under the influence of media, we tend to be overly critical of our bodies, and we try to hide our physical ‘flaws’ with clothes.  As such, being a nudist provides the opportunity to accept one’s body as it is.” – Jordan Blum, https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/top-10-reasons-to-be-a-nudist/

“The first thing I notice is that everyone is so calm.  How could they be so comfortable in a room of naked people?!  Class starts and we begin to warm up.  I try not to look but how could I not?  Everyone is so naked!  But you know what?  It’s such a relief to see real bodies as opposed to the unrealistic ones we see in the media. . . here in this room I find myself reminded that real bodies are gorgeous.  There is an array of shapes, sizes, and color.  There are some people who had cellulite and others who did not.  There are people who don’t have one hair on their body and others who have a lot.  And as I realize this I begin to feel more comfortable in my own body and am able to concentrate on my [yoga] practice rather than obsessing over whether or not the person behind me thinks my thighs are too large for my body.  As we go through the different poses I almost forget that I’m naked. . . Things I normally obsess over weren’t important anymore.  It wasn’t weird anymore! . . . overall it was a very liberating experience. . . I feel empowered.  I am the kind of woman who is brave enough to move through a series of positions in a group of strangers completely in the nude and not give a crap.  I am now the kind of woman who can do that!” - Monika Werner, http://www.peopleenespanol.com/article/i-went-naked-yoga-and-what-happened

No comments:

Post a Comment