Friday, January 13, 2017

QUOTES 1/12/2017

“[In] . . . Canada, the pacifist, vegetarian sect of Doukhobors (‘spirit warriors of Christ’), refugees fleeing their Russian homeland, where they had been championed by Leo Tolstoy, who financed their flight to America – protested against the materialism of the 20th century with mass naked events.  The Canadian government responded by making public nudity a criminal act.  Up to 300 Doukhobors were arrested and given three-year prison sentences.  Their continuing protests in the 1960s inspired Pete Seeger to sing their praises. . . The hippies’ disavowal of clothes at Woodstock and other festivals drew a direct, naked line back to the 19th-century utopians and beyond. . . What better way to diffuse that corruption of power than by stripping it away, physically and spiritually, to the only thing we really own: our bodies.” – Philip Hoare, http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/04/nudity-isnt-indecent-british-tradition-naked-rambler?CMP=share_btn_tw

“I spent most of the day [World Naturist Day] nude gardening.  I weeded and then mulched a largish area in front of the house.  I can do that nude now because I have constructed a privacy fence to close off the driveway.” – Milt, Private email

“I’ve always been a believer in the simple things in life.  Appreciating the little gifts, joys, even surprises, that life has to offer every day.  What does this have to do with nudism?  Well I find nudism puts me more in touch with life’s simple pleasures.  It exemplifies basic, pleasant sensations when nothing stands between me and the outside world.  Such as feeling the sun on my face.  The forgiving Earth under my feet.  Watching the clean water ripple out as I swim unencumbered through a lake.  The sweet smell of the trees and flowers.  Listening to the symphony of insects.  Birds.  Bull frogs.  Having a cup of tea in the morning, nude, outside.  To me nudism is also about simplicity and living in a simple way.  I love waking up with no worry over finding clothes to put on.  The simplicity of being myself in my own uncovered body.  Less laundry, no clothes to stain, no hassle of finding the right shoes, shirt, pants to wear.  No tugging, snapping, pulling or adjusting of textiles.  I can take a shower and stay naked afterward, instead of precariously holding up my towel while I fumble for clothes to dress.  Life is just simpler naked” – Felicity Jones, http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/nudism-and-simple-pleasures/

“Sunbathing nude ensures no ugly tan lines and prevents skin cancer and melanoma.  It leads to a decrease in abortion, incest, rape, and sexual perversion.” - https://rfgjga1992.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/lets-do-all-this-to-promote-nudism/

“Every time they find some lost indigenous tribe of people in the jungle, they find happy, content, loving people with no body issues.  They spend their day going about their daily routine naked as the day they were born.  No one covers up in shame, no one is offended by the sight of a naked child, no one makes fun of anyone because their butt is too big, or their boobs are too small, they accept each other for who they are and enjoy life.” - http://nudisuzie.com/page/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment