Monday, January 30, 2017

QUOTES 1/30/2017

“[Swimsuits] . . . are unhygienic and unsanitary [trapping] . . . detergents, perspiration, dirt, fecal matter and bacteria . . . This can lead to the spread of Recreational Water Illnesses (RWI’s).  This is why it’s important to shower before entering a pool. . . the preemptive shower is much easier and more effective when done naked.  And any bacteria, fecal matter, sweat, germs, etc., that get trapped in suits could be avoided altogether if everyone swam nude. . . . The cleanest pools in America can probably be found at nudist resorts.  No one is bringing in impurities from their clothing, and resort pools often have multiple signs instructing people to shower before entering.  And if you don’t, a club member is likely to remind you because they want a clean pool.” – Felicity Jones, http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/why-bathing-suits-are-pointless-and-unhealthy/

“Socializing in nudist situations . . . is a 'powerful' experience.” – Creative, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=2925&idt=14836&page=5

“Should you have the right to wander nude at home, or should you cover up?  To me the answer seems obvious - of course you should feel free to go au naturel in your own home.  I mean, does this concept even need defending? . . . we all deserve to hang out naked in our own homes whenever we want to. . . the idea of protecting others from the sight of a human body is a little sad.  What's so horrifying about our bodies, really?  It's just skin and hair, geez.” – Adriana Velez, http://thestir.cafemom.com/home_garden/164569/7_reasons_why_you_deserve

“I just did a [free]hike last week with a new friend from TN.  I usually carry a pair of skimpy nylon shorts (with sides slit up to waist band and liner removed) under my hat.  I am most comfortable in only my skin.  I really only worry about meeting up with a family with children.  Most hikers may think you're weird but don't make much of your nudity.  I was hiking up a slippery trail and watching my step when I came suddenly eye to eye with two dogs!  I look up and find that I almost ran into them and their owner at the other end of their leashes.  I petted the two dogs and chatted a moment with the owner then continued on my way.  He and I were cool with it.  I think it rattled my friend.  He jumped into his shorts.” – Lilstones, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=132&idt=57646&page=2

“My first experience may be a bit different as compared to some other folks.  My parents were nudist.  I suspect, given the time frame, I was about two years old when I had my first memory of going to a ‘nudist camp.’  It was somewhere in the Bay Area in California.  My next memory comes from sometime after we moved to Ohio (about 1954).  We then moved to Louisiana where there we no resorts or camps within a reasonable driving distance from our home.  We did vacation at a couple of places in Florida and Texas from about 1956 to 1964.  My parents rarely bothered to get dressed around the house and my mother spent a least a couple of hours a day, during good weather, sun bathing in our very large backyard.  I have been married a bit more often that I would have liked, but all of my wives have become nudist or at least participated in my nudist activities.  I am an academic and one of my research areas has involved research on the effects of a nudist life style on children (positive outcomes), and legal issues relative to use of public areas by nudist (testified in various legal actions).  I think that one of the most positive outcomes of my life long experience as a naturist is that I am very comfortable with all sorts and kinds of people.  I have learned for the most part to simply take folks as they come and they do come in all shapes and sizes.  So . . . my first experience was atypical, but now 60 years later I am still at it.” - Larry G., Yuma, Arizona, http://aanr.com/first-time-nudist-experience&page=95

No comments:

Post a Comment