Wednesday, January 17, 2018

QUOTES 1/17/2018

“I have managed to avoid nearly all encounters entirely in recent years, and very much by design, but remarkably I did have one a couple of weeks ago.  It was on a trail that I've considered ‘safe’ . . . I was walking along carrying my wrap . . . and was rounding a corner in a very shaded/dark canyon bend in the trail.  As I looked forward I thought I saw something that seemed out of place, but I couldn't see it well enough to identify it.  Once I got probably within about 10 feet that ‘something’ said ‘hi’.  Since I couldn't see much, or gauge reaction, I decided to stop and put my wrap on (presumably right in front of whoever it was).  As I walked toward them and into the shadow, I realized it was an older guy (Dad, I'd guess) and two young boys (sons I'd guess).  I followed my philosophy of making the best of it and greeted them warmly after putting on my wrap and walking right by them, and to which Dad . . . responded quite warmly. . . I just went with it.  I worry about the legal ramifications, but I'm surely not embarrassed by it.  I think stopping like that and putting on the wrap sends the message that I'm both not there to shock them and I'm also not scared of my own naked shadow.  Hopefully that gets realized.  There usually isn't a lot of time to try to make a positive out of the encounters.  I carried on my way and hoped they wouldn't get my license plate (which given everything, they might could have, but I have no idea what direction they were even going on the trail, since they were just laying down in the shade on the side of it).  Nothing came of it, so I guess it ended okay. In fact, I'd say considering, that 'Dad' seemed surprisingly unbothered.” - Lee

“Daniel Léveillé Danse - Amour, acide et noix” (Video/Dance) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Lbc1hYgTg&index=3&list=RDWTR3hgB_v6I

“I sleep naked of course.  This morning I’m naked on the computer, and about ready to put on my socks and boots (that’s all) and head back to work on the trail for about five hours.  I love being naked.  Naked is so completely natural for me now.  Naked is how I live!  Naked is who I am!  Naked is great!” - Kenfreehiker

“Picture this: you're on holiday, relaxing, sunbathing, enjoying your time with your family and friends.  But you're completely naked.  Naked holidays are on the rise, with 59% of Brits saying they would get their kit off while on holiday.  A recent survey by lastminute.com also reveals searches for nudist holidays have gone up by 52%.” - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/travel-news-cheap-uk-holidays-luxury-breaks-more-daily-star/569945/Best-nudist-resorts-in-the-world-2017

“Naturism, or nudism, is a cultural and political movement practicing, advocating and defending personal and social nudity, most but not all of which takes place on private property.  The term may also refer to a lifestyle based on personal, family and/or social nudism.  Naturism may take a number of forms.  It may be practiced individually, within a family, socially or in public.  Additionally, there is also militant naturism, including campaigning and extreme naturism is sometimes considered a separate category.” - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism

No comments:

Post a Comment