Monday, January 29, 2018

QUOTES 1/29/2018

“Yes, naked.  As in nothing on top and nothing on bottom – fully nude.  It was… liberating.  I first heard of the Streak the Cove 5K back in August . . . I registered, but was still nervous about the idea of running fully nude. . . The days ticked by and the idea of doing the race seemed less and less intimidating. . . I was doing this race fully nude or not at all. . . As soon as I saw the other females in running shorts or sports bras, I panicked.  I headed back to my car and began tearing it apart looking for something – anything – that I could run in.  There was nothing. . . I sat in my car and took a few deep breaths.  I saw a few fully nude women walk by with just their running shoes on, which made me feel oddly more comfortable about the idea of going nude myself. . . I headed to the bathroom to ease myself into it. . . I told myself there was no need to be afraid and that I was beautiful.  I was strong, confident, and I could do this. . . Now or never.  I grabbed my clothes and walked outside.  I’m not sure if I’ve ever been outside fully nude before, the feeling was… interesting. . . Why are we all so afraid to be naked?  Is it really that big of a deal?  A few guys walked by, but no one looked my way or said anything. . . The walk to the start line was terrifying, but the closer I got, the more comfortable I began to feel in my nakedness.  There were hundreds of runners – some nude, some not-so nude – standing around and talking and stretching just like they would before any other race . . . It was crazy how comfortable I began to feel standing around, fully nude, waiting for the start. . . All of our bodies are so unique, so special, that we’re all ‘perfect’ in our own ways.  Honestly, I felt more confident standing around naked, surrounded by other naked women, than I usually do standing in the middle of the mall.  These women that were owning their bodies were so inspiring, that they inspired me to own mine along with them.  There was no shame – only happiness.  The countdown to the start began . . . We were off!  And I was running… naked. . . It felt strange, but not terrible.  Honestly, it felt no different than running with clothes on.  Actually, at first, it was a teensy bit better.  There were no shirts to tug on, shorts to stop from riding up, and no uncomfortably tight sports bra strap digging into me.  It was freeing to run nude.  I kept waiting to feel some pain with ‘the girls,’ but they felt fine.  They didn’t bother me the entire race. . . A lot of the community had come outside to cheer us on and it was nice to see so many sweet faces cheering us on from their driveways. . . When I made the last turn towards the finish I saw a decent size crowd at the finish, who encouraged me to sprint to the end. . . There was a post-race party by the pool for finishers.  I grabbed a couple of bottles of water and some handfuls of grapes.  I was surprised that I wasn’t rushing back to my car to get dressed. . . I never thought I would feel comfortable enough in my own skin to stand fully nude in a crowd – let alone run a 5k! – but I was.  The whole race . . . I felt confident . . . that feeling was amazing.  I would highly suggest everyone running at least one naked 5k in their racing career. . . instead of ‘no one wants to see that’ it’s ‘no one cares about seeing that’ because THEY DON’T!  There were runners of all shapes and sizes out there today and everyone was cheering everyone equally.  It was peaceful, encouraging, and inspiring.” – Meghann, http://mealsandmiles.com/2012/05/20/streak-the-cove-5k/

“Boas Festas!” (Video) – https://vimeo.com/191582061

No comments:

Post a Comment