Thursday, January 18, 2018

QUOTES 1/18/2018

“One thing I have always liked about nudist and clothing optional resorts is no one judges you by your clothes or your status in society because you are equal.  They judge you by who you are on the inside and your actions.” – Remy Cook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/nuddism

“Naked Club's Video Streak edition 2” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8H2WZRV6Ik

“Maybe it was the years of repression, from both my mother and Baptist school, but I felt like I’d lived my entire life in a cave and was seeing a beautiful landscape for the first time, or that I was someone who’d never known music and was hearing Mozart.  Specifically, it was the world of touch that opened up to me, the feeling of air on my shoulders, the bristles of carpet under my feet, the varied textures of every chair and cushion and it still seems odd to me.  It wasn’t like I’d never worn a bathing suit before, but there was something about being entirely naked that made me acutely more aware. . . I never really cared for anyone actually to see me naked.  All I really wanted was that sense of freedom, to be ‘one’ with myself and my surroundings. . . Some days, I worried I was suffering from some mental illness.  My behavior wasn’t exactly ‘normal’ . . . but that didn’t stop me from growing ever more-bold.  Places I secretly went naked: my dad’s orange grove, hotel locker rooms, hotel Jacuzzis, and the woods behind our restaurant. . . I’d finally decided I was a nudist. . . life just seemed better without clothes. . . I was true to myself, and yet my true self had to stay hidden.  Nudism was about being ‘open,’ yet also my biggest secret. . . But, more than anything, I wanted to come ‘out of the closet,’ to spend time around other naked people where I could be myself and enjoy the elements of nature without fear.” – Nick Alimonos, http://writersdisease.blogspot.com/2014/05/least-likely-to-becomenudist-memoir.html

“Getting back to basics and experiencing the world [naked] the way nature intended gives you a whole new lens to view the world.” – Bare Necessities, Christmas email 2016

“When I was a kid here in Utah we had a public pool and after swim team or anytime really we were always hanging out in the shower room naked.  There were no dividers in the shower and it was all good.  We would even have towel fights or other goofing off.  Today it is a no go.  I have had kids in gym and sports and no one showers in front of each other.  It is a bit bizarre with how the world has progressed in other areas and the rise of a more predominant progressive mind set.  And yet I am sure none of my kids have showered or maybe even seen the same gender naked.  I think it is pretty ridiculous and so do all my friends and few of them are naturist or nudists.  So the question is are they going to be freaked out or bothered if they ever see anyone shower naked or heaven forbid a nudist or freehiker.  It feels like we have done a disservice to future generations.” – Threadsfree

No comments:

Post a Comment