Friday, August 3, 2018

Rusty Water Tower Wash

Amy and I discussed why we hadn’t come up with any new freehiking options, and decided it was because we simply hadn’t tried any new places.  So today (8/3/2018) I headed out to find a new place.

I intended to go to a place near where I had been working up Orme Road, but someone had already arrived and was unloading a 4-wheeler, so I drove a few more miles.  Near the top of a hill I saw a dirt road departing from the main road.  (Orme road had very little traffic, so I simply undressed at the car.)  In a few moments I was naked and freehiking – wonderful feeling of relief.

At the bottom of the hill was a rusty water tower near a wash situated in a grove of old cottonwood trees.

Small springs seeped from the sand.

I freehiked some distance in both directions.

The walking was mostly easy with a hard sand surface.

This would be an amazingly beautiful place for a private group freehike.  The temperature was fine, but this would probably be best when the temperatures are little lower in September or October.

After returning to the car and getting dressed, I followed the main dirt road to an exit on I-17, just north of the Cordes Lakes (the junction to Prescott).  This route would save 20 miles for those coming from the Phoenix area.















No comments:

Post a Comment