Thursday, August 16, 2018


QUOTES 8/16/2018

“I moved to Japan from America seven years ago . . . I learned about onsens, the public mineral baths.  Here Japanese children grow up scrubbing their mother’s backs, walking from bath to bath, or showers to bath . . . Girls see teenagers, mothers, grandmothers, all bodies with their different needs and ages, all bodies washed and soaked.  There isn’t shame.  It is healthy, a place where life and rich conversation occur . . . Living in Tokyo, my husband and I take our kids to the public baths sometimes but, more importantly, we have adopted its lifestyle at home.  My daughter is five and a half and my son is almost three years old. . . Both of my children learned to be comfortable in deep bathtubs very early on . . . There are many benefits to family bathing.  Besides the efficiency . . . Some of my best parenting moments happens in the bath. . . They are completely comfortable with biology, botany, the separateness of male and female.  In this setting, with all of us getting squeaky clean together, we talk about big things . . . this childhood with mommy and daddy, in a healthy, nurturing context, is the foundation I want for my family, a kind of bedrock of beauty and appreciation of the human body.” - Melissa Uchiyama, http://www.brainchildmag.com/2016/02/why-i-let-my-kids-see-me-naked/

“Le naturisme, une tendance ? le JT de 20H00 de TF1 29/06/2018” (Video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip_8pFkfIkk

“Why have this magnificent organ of skin enveloping our entire bodies, every square inch of it covered with delicate sensory nerves and sophisticated temperature regulation pores, then wrap it up 24/7 in artificial coverings so it's all useless? . . . It's obvious that a hot day would be much easier to tolerate nude than clothed.  But those with experience can also testify that the nude body is able to comfortably withstand cool temperatures much easier than most people think, because clothes aren't interfering with the body's attempt to regulate internal temperature.  Protection against cold, against the elements, against injury while performing risky activities - these are good reasons for covering the miraculous organ of skin with clothing.  But how can it possibly be healthy to never let it ‘breathe’ - at least for an hour or two every day?” – Creative, https://www.truenudists.com/groups/view.php?action=viewthread&id=2925&idt=14836&page=2

“I was a teen-age boy in the mid-60's and I just got out of the shower.  My mother was watching TV in the den and I wondered what her reaction would be if I went around naked.  So I went in the room where she was and sat down right across from her.  She asked me why I wasn't dressed and I told her I was more comfortable not wearing clothes.  She said that was alright with her if I wanted to be a nudist.  I then went in the back yard and sun bathed nude.  I've been a nudist all these years but my wife doesn't understand it.  I go naked in my house as often as possible, even when her friends visit.” – Curly, St. Louis, Missouri, http://aanr.com/first-time-nudist-experience&page=90

No comments:

Post a Comment