Thursday, November 10, 2016

QUOTES 11/10/2016

“I love to hike naked and take several hikes each week during the summer, and once or twice a month in the winter, when the weather cooperates.  When I get to one of my trailheads and take off my clothes and stand naked again, it's like my body breathes a sigh of relief at being cooped up in clothes since the last hike.” – BillBill

Nude gardening is one of my favorite pastimes.  I spend time most days digging and planting and watering and decorating on our land. But of course the best part of naked gardening is being natural in the shade and sun.  With naked gardening you're cool even on a hot day - the sweat naturally cools your body, and of course there are no sweaty clothes to make you uncomfortable, and no laundry afterwards.  And you don't have to worry about getting dirty; a wonderful shower washes away all the dirt - heaven.  I'd recommend nude gardening to everyone.” – Ken Freehiker

“I hike naked comfortably for hours at a time with the temperatures in the low to mid thirties F and light breeze, as long as I am moving. . . The deal breaker under these conditions is the wind.  As the temperature goes lower, I tolerate less wind, higher and I can tolerate more of it.  I am good for an all-day naked hike under most circumstances if the temperature is in the mid fifties or higher.  If the wind is light, fifties is fine for me sitting naked, as well. . . I once started out on a cold overcast day last fall on Mt Monadnock in NH wearing kilt, tank, tee, and knit cap.  Within 10 minutes, I was sweaty, cold, and miserable.  Off came everything except the shoes and socks, and I was comfy the rest of the day. . . [You should] ease in slowly, by continuing to hike naked through the fall and into the early winter . . . Put on clothes or retreat when it is no longer enjoyable.  Hiking naked in the cold is best done with a pack. The only difference between textile hiking in the cold and naked hiking in the cold is that everything that you would be wearing textile, and then some, plus a survival kit, will be in your pack in case you need it. . . keep in mind that when hiking naked in the cold you must eat and drink, almost continuously.  Your body is probably burning more calories than usual . . . Done with care, hiking naked in the off season is a most amazing experience." – Dan

“Omo People” (Native African Body Painting Video) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLR8wEvRfQ

“My sister and I were raised by our mother (our dad passed away when we were very young).  She had made it a practice to walk around nude most of the time.  My sister and I would go nude when the mood struck us. . . I still walk around the house nude all the time.  My wife . . . was raised the same way and doesn't see a problem with it.  So whenever my sister comes over we all hang out and sunbathe or just visit nude.“ – Playnaked

No comments:

Post a Comment