Tuesday, November 15, 2016

QUOTES 11/15/2016

“Got my first freehike of the year on the last week on January.  Since I live in the northern Rocky Mountains, I count this as something of an accomplishment.  The valley had been suffering a temperature inversion since right after Christmas.  With temperatures in the low teens (Fahrenheit) I drove out of town up toward an area of sandstone and scattered trees and shrubs-about 1500 feet higher than town.  I was hoping to pass out of the cold, heavier air, and, sure enough, I watched the outdoor thermometer in my vehicle rise quickly to the upper 20's.  OK, that is not exactly tropical, and I left the truck in full winter attire.  Once I got passed the open area near the highway and into the slick rock, the reflected sun off the rocks immediately warmed me.  Before long, I was down to boots, socks, sunglasses, and hat and I was able to comfortably climb all over the rocks for over an hour.  It was pure, natural bliss, hopping from rock to rock, avoiding snow banks when possible.  Next time, however, I must remember to bring gaiters because there were places where knee deep snow could not be avoided.  A little protection on the lower legs would have been nice. . . I am off to a good start!” – Mike

“Naturism is the celebration of living without the hindrance and inconvenience of clothing.” – Rupa, https://twitter.com/Rupa2105/status/762474325869940736

“To me naturism is about a life where I am nature, trying to live in accordance with that fact.  Nudity brings me closer to that ideal.  But being a naturist, also means being an environmentalist.  I have to protect the environment to protect the nature of which I am part.  To protect the nature is therefore also self-protection. . . that implies that I have to choose between clothing to keep warm, or to heat up my house more than necessary.  Using clothes then becomes energy savings, and in a world where wasting energy also is an environmental threat, true naturism shall imply clothing.  Nudity is not a goal in itself, but a means to experience being interconnected and whole.  I then gladly sacrifice nudity if that conflicts with the environment, and enjoy nudity when it is in harmony with the environment.” - http://thoughtsonnaturism.tumblr.com/post/132533225410/naturist-and-environmentalist?is_related_post=1

“Wearing clothes again after the experience [at Nudefest] has been the most difficult thing I have to do because I can see how restrictive textiles are and apart from anything clothes really itch…skin doesn’t.” - https://naturisminsociety.wordpress.com/2016/07/11/a-nude-first-at-nude-fest/

“On June 11, naturists and nudists from the Los Angeles area and beyond participated in the local installment of World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR), the annual event held every June in over 100 cities across the globe. . . An estimated 450 riders gathered near Chinatown . . . Several motorcycle police officers led the parade and a trailing cruiser flashed its lights to alert drivers to stay back and give the bicyclists room to spread out across traffic lanes during the 18-mile route. . . Riders were met along the way by many pedestrian onlookers, who all seemed surprised then happy to see us.  Cell phones came out everywhere to record the mile-long procession of naked people.  Several onlookers were seen suddenly dropping their pants or lifting their tops in solidarity with the riders.  Near the end of the ride, the cyclists encountered an estimated 9,000 people at the world famous Mexican marketplace at El Pueblo / Olvera Street park where they were hosting their annual Tacolandia food competition event.  The Cyclists were definitely amused as the foodies turned almost simultaneously while whipping out their cell phones to record the naked people riding by.” – Gary Mussell, http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/world-naked-bike-ride-los-angeles-2016-scna-review/

No comments:

Post a Comment