Thursday, November 24, 2016

QUOTES 11/24/2016

“A link between sleeping in colder temperatures and lower blood sugar levels, which in turn prevents Type 2 diabetes, has been found in an American Diabetic Association study.  Scientists discovered that when participants slept naked their body temperature fell, while their metabolic health improved.” – Claire O’Reilly, http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/6615651/The-health-benefits-of-going-nude.html

“Shirley's Fall Creek Nude Hike Report - Hearing that the weather was going to be in the 80’s I decided to try and steal another nude camping/hiking weekend. . . Arrived at an undeveloped campsite in the Fall Creek area outside Eugene/Springfield around 5 pm on Friday evening. . . perfect for nude camping.  Woke up early Saturday morning to Oregon fog that only added to the experience.  Once the sun broke through the fog and I thought the trail would be drier I headed out for a hike. . . Usually I start a hike as early as possible so that I can assure myself that it is safe to hike nude.  So little traffic in the area had me feeling comfortable to hike/camp nude.  I started my hike going up stream from a near by bridge.  At the bridge the trail crosses over the road to go down stream.  I have always wanted to check out some skinny dipping locations on Fall Creek so hiking the trail gave me a great opportunity to do so.  A portion of the hike was on an old road no longer used close to the river. . . I hiked to a campground that has been closed for the winter months. . . I used an alternative trail to return to the bridge and cross the river to hike down stream. . . I found myself in beautiful moss covered old growth trees and the trail decorated with ferns.  This trail is one of the most beautiful I have ever hiked.  Simply indescribable!  The trail is close to the river and the road on the right. . . A short time later two men were fishing and if not for their dog would never have noticed me.  I had heard the dog and put on my long t-shirt.  They were friendly and I think one may have been nude previous to hearing me on the trail and the dog barking. . . I later made a decision to return back before reaching it.  The interesting thing about hiking trails is that returning back on the same trail and seeing it from a different direction is like hiking a new trail. . . I love Oregon old growth forests and nude hiking!” - Shirley

“I met the Northcoast Naturists group . . . we hiked along the creek bank a bit until we arrived at the painted rock where we undressed . . . It was more of a freehike than a skinny-dipping outing.  We didn’t spend a lot of time at the falls but it was refreshing to take a dip. . . At the point where we had originally come down into the gorge we . . . dressed and made our way back up to the top.  Outside of walking some short trails in a nudist camp, this was my first freehike.  I’ve never really had much of an interest in hiking but my hike through the Chautauqua Gorge was rather enjoyable.  I could describe it in the usual terms: the warmth of the sun, the breeze on my skin and the cool wetness of the water but they don’t adequately convey what I felt.  It’s something that has to be experienced firsthand to really be understood.” – Rick

“. . . consider the possibility of encountering a textile hiker while hiking naked on a typical late fall-early winter or late winter-early spring day!  The contrast in attire or lack there-of is a conversation starter to put it mildly.  Mutual respect and quiet confidence goes a long way in these situations.  As usual, I don't go out there to create these situations, but I have been there on occasion, and the experiences have been rich." – Dan

Naked gardeners are a unique type of home nudist, since they often have to bare the (potential) ridicule of neighbors.  Despite this however, naked gardeners persist because naked gardening just feels sooooo right!  Backyard naked gardening it is perhaps the most common nude activity.  In fact, a special day, World Naked Gardening Day, is set aside for those who enjoy digging and planting and mowing and cutting naked in the back yard.” – Ken Freehiker

No comments:

Post a Comment