Saturday, November 5, 2016

QUOTES 11/5/2016

“Why can’t I take my top off? - It’s a valid question, and one posed to me by my eight-year-old daughter as she observed a man walking without his shirt on across the street.  She tells me she’s hot too, so why can’t she take her top off as well?  And to be honest, it’s so hot that I would love nothing more than to be able to walk without it, to feel the wind against my breasts, but instead I say ‘I don’t know, we just can’t’. . . Why is it that I live in a world where I have to tell my daughter to cover up but her male equivalent can run around with his shirt off? . . . Already, from the age of eight, I am — due to the conventions placed on me as an adult female in today’s society — teaching her to be self-conscious.” – Koraly Dimitradis, http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/why-cant-women-take-their-tops-off-in-public/story-fnpug1jf-1227615034240

“As someone who conducts a daily act of indecency by skinny-dipping . . . I find the whole idea of getting dressed to get wet utterly ludicrous – all that stupid tugging of towels to prevent anyone being shocked by the sight of flesh.  We might blame the prudish Victorians, but contrary to received opinion, naked open-air swimming was par for the course in Britain until the 20th century.  When a ban on bathing nude in the Thames was introduced in the early 1900s, one protester entered the river with his trunks on his head: ‘They said we had to wear them, but they didn’t say where!’” – Philip Hoare, http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/04/nudity-isnt-indecent-british-tradition-naked-rambler?CMP=share_btn_tw


We love freehiking when the fall colors arrive” – Kenfreehiker

“I enjoy nude hiking in the forested areas around Vancouver, and often hike up fire and logging roads. While making every effort to ensure I am not likely to ‘surprise’ any others in the area, I am constantly aware that I could meet someone around the next bend, and so carry shorts in my hand, should I require them.  I did encounter one couple in the past, who were great about it.  Only passing pleasantries were exchanged, but I still felt awkward.” - NorthVanNudist


No comments:

Post a Comment