Saturday, November 12, 2016

QUOTES 11/12/2016

“A date to end the fear of nudity, called gymnophobia, is needed.  Let’s make something like [International] Gymnophobia Awareness Day (or Week).” - https://rfgjga1992.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/lets-do-all-this-to-promote-nudism/

“Some of us have made nudism a vital part of our spiritual pilgrimage.  Perhaps we never intended it at first, but nudism has become a powerful symbol of our separation from the world and its value system.” - http://www.figleafforum.com/articles_symbols_pilgrimage.html

“. . . as I've returned to this [Korean] spa, and as my daughters grow closer to pre-pubescent body changes, my enjoyment has become . . . more about the experience I'm providing for them. . . I am stunned-really - genuinely stunned - by the vast variety of women's bodies I see there.  There are women of all, and I really do mean all, sizes and shapes.  It's impossible not to marvel at the sheer variety of shapes that we come in, and at how much is revealed when clothes are stripped away.  It's so much more intimate than even the beach, where even small bathing suits can disguise and guide the flesh in various aesthetic directions. . . not one woman I've ever seen here looks anything like the women we see every day in magazines, on TV and in films. . . not one with the flat belly, slim hips and large breasts that you'd think were standard equipment from media images. . . I can't overstate how invaluable it is for young girls to grow up seeing real women . . . My daughters are too young to understand this yet, but I am very much hoping that as they grow older they will, in a way that's beyond abstract: real women have bumps and lumps, cellulite in places you didn't even know you could have cellulite, scars, tattoos, and oddly shaped breasts and areolas.  Skinny girls can have flabby tummies, and fat women can be gorgeous.  I would say that nudity is the great equalizer, except it's actually the opposite: nudity reveals how immensely varied we are.  And how terribly manipulated we've been when it comes to seeing our own bodies.” – Zanthe Taylor, https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/million-meals/201202/the-un-erotic-glories-nudity

“One thing you might want to consider is if you’re not ready to let the other(s) know that you’re a nudist is to always have something to cover up next to you and ask them that if your door is closed to knock and allow you answer the door.  Tell them you’d like their respect when your door is closed.” – Scott Redcloud, http://www.naktiv.net/blog/1031/what-can-you-do-when-growing-up-in-a-household-of-non-nudists-the-naturist-/

“I still struggle with how I can be in my world and be a naturist at the same time.  I already knew that being nude, especially in nature was therapeutic for me. . . perhaps there was something I had missed along the way, perhaps I had not tried hard enough. . . I need to know who and what I am.  Those around me need to know as well; they need to know the who, the what, and the why of my relationship to naturism.  Only then can they realign themselves with who I am authentically rather than some distorted and lived lie of who I am.” - http://rglongpre.ca/naturistlens/2016/02/19/the-who-the-what-and-the-why-of-being-a-naturist/


No comments:

Post a Comment