Monday, October 10, 2016

PINK BRIDGE FREEHIKE

Monday October 10, 2016 I had a little time late morning so decided to try freehiking a new area.  I drove 10 miles from Prescott Valley up into the Mingus Mountains and stopped at the first likely looking canyon area to the left, just where a metal pink bridged area allowed the wash to pass under the road.

I parked, walked across the road, and hiked a short distance before stripping down out of sight.

A seldom used (unlikely one would ever meet others), somewhat over grown, single-track trail bordered the rocky wash up the canyon.  Huge fir trees and large pines fill the canyon along with many broad-leaf trees.  Occasional rock cliffs and outcroppings added variety.  The trail was moderately easy with just a few rocks.  It was beautiful.

I freehiked about 40 minutes up the canyon.  The weather was great, with temperatures just right for a naked hike.  Then I turned around and freehiked back to my clothes and the car.

I love freehiking.  I have included a few photos so you can imagine the area.











No comments:

Post a Comment