Sunday, October 9, 2016

SHANGRI LA WEEKEND

The weekend of October 6-7, 2016 Amy and I visited Shangri La Resort (also a NAZ - Naturists of Arizona - activity).  We hooked up our A-frame trailer Friday afternoon and drove an hour south to the resort (it’s nice to be this close).

After setting up the trailer, I walked the river-side trail that I built about five years ago to see what maintenance it needed.  I took the snippers along and found good use for them, cutting out new prickly growth and two fallen trees.  (It’s always nice to work nude.)

I talked a few minutes with Neal and Metchie, friends and NAZ members who live at Shangri La.

Friday night we sang karaoke.  It was the ANNR West Convention, so the audience was large, but surprisingly few sang, so I got in three songs.  (Nude karaoke is the best!)  Amy’s not a singer, but patiently enjoyed watching.  We also met a few members of the Wildflowers including Tom and Liz.

Saturday morning, I got up early and worked again trimming the growth from the trails.  I met one man from Virginia along the way.  The trails at Shangri La are now open so anyone can walk them.  I’ll scrape and rake them to make them pretty in a few weeks.

Amy and I then enjoyed ourselves sunning and swimming.  We checked out the vendor booths, then watched an organized nude water volleyball tournament.  There were many very brown nudists in attendance.

It was nice meeting a few nudists from the past.  Craig from Olive Dell explained that the Bare Burro 5k (something I named and started) now had nearly 400 participants each year.  In addition, the trails I created at Olive Dell were still being maintained (something I’d wondered about).

Marilu was doing massages.  It was nice to see her again.

The Naked Nomads gave us several Florida naturist magazines and talked about getting involved with NAZ.

I talked a while with Alan who used to live at Shangri la, but now resides at De Anza.

Many people thanked me for maintaining the trails at Shangri La.


We returned Saturday afternoon so we could be ready for church Sunday, but all in all, it was a nice naturist weekend.  We missed seeing other NAZ members.

No comments:

Post a Comment