Tuesday, October 11, 2016

QUOTES 10/11/2016

“. . . as a naturist baby step I chose to visit a notable spa called Friedrichsbad in Baden Baden, a town I was passing through in southern Germany.  At this German spa, nudity was mandatory. . . I was apprehensive. . . Regardless, I entered the spa, paid, and was given a locker key. . . I went up the stairs and turned the corner.  There were nude people just doing their thing. . . I went to my locker and in a couple moves slipped off my clothes.  I was free of my clothing!  It felt great, but I hadn’t completely arrived and wasn’t completely at ease until I started interacting with people.  Once I started talking with people (even in broken German), that’s when the seal was broken, that’s when I was reassured that it’s cool, no one cares, it’s not a big deal and it’s awesome!  That’s when it really hits you; when any doubt you had is put to rest.  It was otherworldly and it was mind-blowingly liberating and refreshing. . . I enjoyed floating among the marble clad columns, staring up into a beautiful dome and letting all of my textile misgivings dissolve into the water. . . The experience was unbelievable, almost like a rebirth of sorts. . . it left a profound stamp on my psyche.  It confirmed all the positive things I had read about and thought naturism to be.” - Mason Moore, Young Naturists & Nudists America, http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/my-european-adventure-into-naturism/

“I (male) have been a nudist for many years, but only recently have discovered naked hiking.  Wow.  It's addictive.  I introduced my new wife to nudism shortly after we met, taking her to a resort in the Caribbean with an au-natural beach.  She took to it like a duck to water, now I can hardly get her to put clothes on!  Since then we have been to numerous nude resorts around the country, some of them large enough to have bike riding and hiking trails.  This past winter we spent quite a lot of time in Tucson and found many wonderful lightly traveled desert trails where we could disrobe and hike for miles.  Fortunately, here in Colorado we have secluded places with trails that you can hike for days without seeing a soul.  Our latest adventure was at Valley View Hot Springs, a wonderful clothing optional place in central Colorado.  There are trails nearby that go up the mountains into wilderness where we hiked for eight miles without ever putting on a thing from the time we left our campsite until our return.  We love being able to extend our nude lifestyle beyond our home, resorts, and beaches!” - Like2BNude

“. . . in Maine and Vermont where on remote trails my clothes are more often than not, packed away and unavailable. . . attitude is everything.  It didn't take me too long hiking naked in different contexts, and encountering numerous people over time, to personally feel no difference between being dressed or undressed, in such situations.  In my mind, I am simply another hiker using the trail and this projects.  Most everyone I meet accepts me that way, totally.  Any question of ‘lewdness’ is instantly dispelled under such circumstances.  I have had many pleasant trailside conversations during such chance meetings. . . I have gone from starting a hike textile to hiking naked within the first mile, with some of my coworkers.  They were not expecting it, yet settled into it very quickly, remarking that they were surprised at how natural, it appeared for me to be so, thus encouraging them to feel the same about the experience.” – FreewalkerMA

“First, we hike because we like hiking and being in nature. It just makes sense that a nature lover would want to be natural in nature.” – Happy Hikers


“Yesterday was cool as began my freehike above Olive Dell Ranch.  Still, in a short time my body forgot the temperature as I walked ‘in the moment’.  The worries of the ‘normal’ world slipped quickly from my mind, caught up with the feeling of true life, the air that surrounded me as I exercised and breathed deeply, walking free in nature - the sounds of birds, new growth on the greening hillsides, streams and ponds formed by the recent rains teaming with life, the view of cities in the valley below, and the white snow on the San Bernardino Mountains rising from the valley.  I gain spiritual sense from freehiking.  For me, it’s an important type of meditation, a way to learn my true nature – to know who I am.  An important concept in Eastern meditation is Samayika - being in the moment of continuous real-time.  This act of being conscious of the continual renewal of the universe in general and one's own renewal as an individual living being in particular is the critical first step in the journey towards identification with one's true nature, called the Atman.  It is also a method by which one can develop an attitude of harmony and respect towards other humans and Mother Nature.  By being fully aware, alert and conscious of the constantly moving present, one will experience their true nature, Atman.” – Ken Freehiker

No comments:

Post a Comment